bayyaker54

The slobs are ruining beach access.

Rate this topic

65 posts in this topic

My local city council in south Amboy is introducing a ordnance to limit the fishing on a public beach from sunrise to sunset because of the littering, alcohol drinking , fires,  and parking. I have to admit there right, the so called “Fisherman” are slobs and have no respect for the home owners around them.  I was fishing that beach for 55 years before they built those Mcmasions  and condos near the water. But yet you can stroll a walkway till 10 or 11 that runs parallel to the beach.  The townhouse owners walked her dogs on the beach early in the morning and late at night are they going to give me a ticket for fishing but yet let them walk their dogs on the beach because they live right there that’s  bull#%€t.  I have picked up after them, tried to explain to them, but I don’t speak Spanish, European, or Korean. Keansburg, Union Beach, Cliffwood Beach and now South Amboy, has turned from the Bayshore to an eyesore.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Check out dog beech at the spring lake Belmar border the b s is so bad they post a cop on the beach on weekends and holidays.The dogs crap sometimes gets picked up dogs pee on tackle boxes and chairs ....it's Jersey where every ones has rights and no consideration and or a wannabee gangsta

Edited by Surf bomber

I’d venture to guess there is also more to it. Assuming the pigs that people are, I’d say they dropped their draws and relieved themselves too. One experience with a homeowner seeing that is enough to change the rules quick. Individuals drink and need to urinate.  

I have to disagree on this. Something else in play here. It was fine before the mcmansion and condos.  By law of average, there will be bad apples among us fisherman, it's a fact.  By their logic, they should shut down the parkway because of bad drivers.

Years ago people would tell others to cut the crap or clean up if they wree doing somethign that would draw attention to the activity.  

Now, everyone tiptoes or is worried that someone is going to go nuts or shoot the place up.  I hate this phrase, but as a "society" we have been trained to think that you should always let the police handle it  "dont get involved, let LEO handle it".

I call BS.  Its your resource/community, you should have a voice.  

This goes way beyond fishing.  

In short, we arent calling the bad apples out frequently enough.  

... and letting LEO get involved means giving someone the opportunity to ban the activity.  

If I were a homeowner and paid a zillion bucks for a house there I wouldnt want the riff raff crapping and stinking up the place with trash left all over either.  And if I see the other fishermen (bikers, hunters, whatever activity) failing to keep it clean, why would I want to continue iwth that outcome?  

Police yourself.  tell Pedro or Sung Tong or Bobby or Dylan to clean up their mess and tone it down, or it'll ruin it for everyone.

3 hours ago, 55555s said:

... and letting LEO get involved means giving someone the opportunity to ban the activity.  

If I were a homeowner and paid a zillion bucks for a house there I wouldnt want the riff raff crapping and stinking up the place with trash left all over either.  And if I see the other fishermen (bikers, hunters, whatever activity) failing to keep it clean, why would I want to continue iwth that outcome?  

Police yourself.  tell Pedro or Sung Tong or Bobby or Dylan to clean up their mess and tone it down, or it'll ruin it for everyone.

You see the flaw in your logic right?  The access was there before the buildings.  It was universal so "everybody" could enjoy it.   If 1% of everyone is a slob, that means out of 10k people, there will be 100 person who litter the ground. Because of the 1%, you are penalizing 99% of the good people.  So if there are beach whistles on the beach, can they past an ordinance said no women allowed on beach during their period? 

this has been gong on for decades . . . fisherman are their own worst enemies when it comes to access.  I've seen it happen numerous times over the last 50 years and will continue because there are many in our fishing community who just don't care.

15 hours ago, hobobob said:

I have to disagree on this. Something else in play here. It was fine before the mcmansion and condos.  By law of average, there will be bad apples among us fisherman, it's a fact.  By their logic, they should shut down the parkway because of bad drivers.

Yeah kinda like "don't leave your keys in your car and help a good boy turn bad", or everybody HAS TO HAVE auto insurance and you also need to buy uninsured motorist insurance in case you get hit by someone who doesn't have auto insurance?????????????????????

Yes they clean the beach of driftwood, no more fires, and yes they added a port-a-John, hopefully they’ll use it, garbage cans well the garbage is thrown 10 feet from them, but one of the other complaints was the noise when leaving.  The town is their own worst enemy they have a parking lot that they close at Sunset the cops pull up and turn on there lights and the fisherman walk up to the parking lot and drive their cars around to the back of the street and park in front of somebody’s house and I guess when there leaving there making too much noise. if they left the parking lot open there wouldn’t be any parking in front of somebody else’s house and all would be fine , except, there still slobs and nothing will change them. 

If I could afford a beach house, I wouldn't get one. I'd hate to have to call the cops on you rotten MFers.

Seriously, I don't blame the landowners for wanting us outlawed. I've seen some ugly messes left by "fishermen", and I've heard loud yelling 100 feet from houses at 3 AM. I was accosted by a beach house guy one early morning, he asked "what's in the trash bag?".  I told him it was trash from around the barrel at the jetty and I was taking it home to get rid of it. He asked what I was driving and told me I could park on his land anytime, day or night.

Be that guy, it helps

22 hours ago, bayyaker54 said:

My local city council in south Amboy is introducing a ordnance to limit the fishing on a public beach from sunrise to sunset because of the littering, alcohol drinking , fires,  and parking. I have to admit there right, the so called “Fisherman” are slobs and have no respect for the home owners around them.  I was fishing that beach for 55 years before they built those Mcmasions  and condos near the water. But yet you can stroll a walkway till 10 or 11 that runs parallel to the beach.  The townhouse owners walked her dogs on the beach early in the morning and late at night are they going to give me a ticket for fishing but yet let them walk their dogs on the beach because they live right there that’s  bull#%€t.  I have picked up after them, tried to explain to them, but I don’t speak Spanish, European, or Korean. Keansburg, Union Beach, Cliffwood Beach and now South Amboy, has turned from the Bayshore to an eyesore.

I've only been local to this spot for the last few years and even I wondered how long this could last. It's an absolute dump on weekends.  So disheartening to see. Last year on a Saturday night in April you could find it all: fires, piles of garbage, drinking, smoking, blasting music, you name it. 

I've tried my best to pick up others trash whenever I'm there. 

53 mins ago, Stewie said:

If I could afford a beach house, I wouldn't get one. I'd hate to have to call the cops on you rotten MFers.

Seriously, I don't blame the landowners for wanting us outlawed. I've seen some ugly messes left by "fishermen", and I've heard loud yelling 100 feet from houses at 3 AM. I was accosted by a beach house guy one early morning, he asked "what's in the trash bag?".  I told him it was trash from around the barrel at the jetty and I was taking it home to get rid of it. He asked what I was driving and told me I could park on his land anytime, day or night.

Be that guy, it helps

13 mins ago, MikeS 51 said:

I've only been local to this spot for the last few years and even I wondered how long this could last. It's an absolute dump on weekends.  So disheartening to see. Last year on a Saturday night in April you could find it all: fires, piles of garbage, drinking, smoking, blasting music, you name it. 

I've tried my best to pick up others trash whenever I'm there. 

I'm with you guys, but I'm afraid where out numbered. The Raritan Bay, and Staten Island is a pigsty. The Island is so bad they run beach clean up tractors daily on a full time basis. Local productive places are patrolled by police at night riding along the water with there flood lights on. I have been ticketed for parking near the water, in legal parking spots. Went to court to speak up on my behalf just to pay the fines. Last ticket was $156...

I joined in on conversations like this in the past, and here we are again...:dismay:

Image result for iron eyes cody gif

7 hours ago, hobobob said:

You see the flaw in your logic right?  The access was there before the buildings.  It was universal so "everybody" could enjoy it.   If 1% of everyone is a slob, that means out of 10k people, there will be 100 person who litter the ground. Because of the 1%, you are penalizing 99% of the good people.  So if there are beach whistles on the beach, can they past an ordinance said no women allowed on beach during their period? 

Yes, the beach was there first.  And the fishermen.  And now a house is there.

Yes, a smaller # of people are slobs than not.

And, yes, the homeowners are the ones tryng to get the access limited/fishing halted/noisey parties and bonfires stopped.  And dog crap.  and human mess.

So, guess what?  The 99% need to step up and get the 1% in line, or the homeowners will be and ocntinue to limit your access by nagging LEo to do X Y and Z.  

Or, create a movement and have the homeowners tossed out.  

There arent too many alternatives in between.  You are not winning a fight vs homeowners and the inevitable LEO to let the mess continue.  Its not happening, despite what was the case "before" the homeowners arrived.

Bottom line.  Self police and call people out on the mess, or the access will be lost.