What were they thinking when...

sunobskt

they decided to try casting from this location? The close up lure is stuck on the line coming off back leg of the tower. This puts it at least 40yds from water's edge which currently is at flood stage as they are letting water out of lake with accessory spillway open. Also note materiel on the line in the foreground, that is around 50 plugs.

_DSC7399.jpg

_DSC7411.jpg

37 mins ago, joetackle said:

Maybe it was from before the walkway was installed? BTW, upper left-hand corner, wow that's a lot of lures.

But those rocks are perfect to cast from and the water is usually down 3-4ft. I had a close up of the wad of plugs on the line. Defies logic. Gotta try and find the pic. I posted the pic on photography thread, not smart enough to know how to copy it to here.

Edited by sunobskt

13 hours ago, sunobskt said:

But those rocks are perfect to cast from and the water is usually down 3-4ft. I had a close up of the wad of plugs on the line. Defies logic. Gotta try and find the pic. I posted the pic on photography thread, not smart enough to know how to copy it to here.

Pretty simple to repost a pic here . All you have to do is hit the insert other media box click on the a arrow and click on existing attachment . The hard part is going through all the pics you posted to find it .

4 hours ago, KidDkivahh said:

Pretty simple to repost a pic here . All you have to do is hit the insert other media box click on the a arrow and click on existing attachment . The hard part is going through all the pics you posted to find it .

totally awesome. you taught me something, thank you.

4 hours ago, 55555s said:

Damn.  LOOOTTTA lures.   

Sometimes, I enjoy lure hunting as much as (ok, not as much) fishing.  Especially when its slow or I am done catching.  

Sifting through these would also score you a large screw. Also not seen in these pics was a washer wound up in the mess. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/7/2020 at 6:59 AM, Captain Ahab said:

I am not getting it?  Look like people casting from a bridge or walkway up stream maybe?

There must be a spot that requires distance and that is the easiest access??????

The large collection of plugs is def from the elevated walkway but there is easy access below it offering good casting provided you are not a complete slug. This walkway isn't very old, 3-5 years maybe, defies logic that so many would end up like that. Striper fishing can be good and some big fish but vast majority are shorties.