albacized

while cashier was checking ID for alcohol purchase, she punched in license number....

Rate this topic

75 posts in this topic

....in their computer. So, I was at a Wegman's here in MA and the guy in front of me was buying a bottle of wine - the cashier asked to check his ID (I thought he looked 50, but if that's their policy, better to be safe than sorry)...however, the girl proceeded to punch in the guy's license number into the computer/register...If that was me, I would've told her to keep the wine, she's not going to enter my private info into any computer...Is that what they do now? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You kidding, Didn't you see the cameras and microphones (hidden)?  They already know who you are, where you live and they have your bank account and credit card numbers already. She just wanted to see how old he was, probably call him later and ask for an even better look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 mins ago, albacized said:

....in their computer. So, I was at a Wegman's here in MA and the guy in front of me was buying a bottle of wine - the cashier asked to check his ID (I thought he looked 50, but if that's their policy, better to be safe than sorry)...however, the girl proceeded to punch in the guy's license number into the computer/register...If that was me, I would've told her to keep the wine, she's not going to enter my private info into any computer...Is that what they do now? 

Obama proposed the elimination of bills and go all plastic. Once that happens (it will eventually), what difference does it make?

 

Other than making me puke.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stewie said:

You kidding, Didn't you see the cameras and microphones (hidden)?  They already know who you are, where you live and they have your bank account and credit card numbers already. She just wanted to see how old he was, probably call him later and ask for an even better look.

They did that at walmart for a while already. It's just a security system that can't bypass cashier (or maybe..) and have the computer verify age to purchase. They enter any other info besides that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ken r said:

Obama proposed the elimination of bills and go all plastic. Once that happens (it will eventually), what difference does it make?

 

Other than making me puke.
 

Don’t think it will be anytime soon 

 

even NYC made it so places that were just taking plastic also have to take cash 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was visiting my dad in the hospital last

year before he passed, they asked for my drivers license - I asked why, she said it was policy. Asked what she wanted if for, she told me she was gong to scan it into her computer - I said no thanks. My dad was dying and this lady wants to argue that they need a scanned copy of my drivers license.  You wanna look at it, make sure it’s me, I’m fine with that...but there’s no reason in the world that they need my drivers license number, birthdate or my ****ing eye color...and they don’t need a copy of it on their computer :rolleyes: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big brother may know who you are but there's no need to feed the beast and tell them every time and place you buy a bottle of wine, a pack of smokes or some allergy medicine.  Never let anyone scan ID; you're not required to.  Allow them a look to verify age if they must and hold your finger over the DL#.  We're all getting far too complacent with privacy the past few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long before they log the ML of ## proof alcohol

and packs of cigs purchased......and adjust your insurance rates accordingly.

 

Same thing with that DNA ancestry stuff.....

Or is that next generation's problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

18 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

How long before they log the ML of ## proof alcohol

and packs of cigs purchased......and adjust your insurance rates accordingly.

 

Same thing with that DNA ancestry stuff.....

Or is that next generation's problem.

 Yup, eventually everything will be tied into a database and your risk assessment will be based on your purchases.  
 

I’ll never forget a teacher in high school who said they did a study in college where they went door to door to interview people about alcohol usage.  After they got their answers they went back on garbage day and looked at the recycling bins.  Pretty much everyone lied.  
 

Maybe it was some around about way to tell us not to drink too much, but I wouldn’t doubt it.  I’m sure it’s not far down the line till your purchases are used against you.

 

That’s just another reason why cash will never go away.

Edited by ne_dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

How long before they log the ML of ## proof alcohol

and packs of cigs purchased......and adjust your insurance rates accordingly.

 

Same thing with that DNA ancestry stuff.....

Or is that next generation's problem.

They've already made the arrest through the DNA thing close match was a brother found the killer through that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TimS said:

I was visiting my dad in the hospital last

year before he passed, they asked for my drivers license - I asked why, she said it was policy. Asked what she wanted if for, she told me she was gong to scan it into her computer - I said no thanks. My dad was dying and this lady wants to argue that they need a scanned copy of my drivers license.  You wanna look at it, make sure it’s me, I’m fine with that...but there’s no reason in the world that they need my drivers license number, birthdate or my ****ing eye color...and they don’t need a copy of it on their computer :rolleyes: 

 

Did they let you in?

 

11 mins ago, Ditchbag said:

They've already made the arrest through the DNA thing close match was a brother found the killer through that.

 

Isn't that a good thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, JoeyZac said:

 

Did they let you in?

 

 

Isn't that a good thing?

Wait till the chick that left you bang her after prom says you raped her just happened to keep the pantys for 35 years .now they are knocking on your door because your brother did the ancestor thing. It could happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, Ditchbag said:

Wait till the chick that left you bang her after prom says you raped her just happened to keep the pantys for 35 years .now they are knocking on your door because your brother did the ancestor thing. It could happen.

 

If you banged her after prom, wasn't your picture already in the year book?

 

And on a side note, I think I commented that catching a murderer was a good thing, not all this ancestry DNA BS that so many out there get hung up on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.