Bg or Bg magsealed...

Rate this topic

Flips

22 hours ago, Flips said:

What parts do you use it on? I will probably buy some to slap on my reels this summer

only the places where water could enter, not on the internals as it is too sticky. (scooby uses on the internals but thins it out) sideplate, handle, pinion bearing, spool shaft. on the shaft i pour a bit of penn oil after i apply the aquashield. this is necessary so the reel will not be too sticky

20 hours ago, Sandbar1 said:

Doesn't that just become a hassle? Why not just fish a true sealed reel (not mag sealed) in those conditions?

i usually do fish a penn torque 5, but when i am using a non-sealed reel the above works for me. i kinda like working on reels. i have found that if i drink enough scotch they become an interesting endeavor 

"what good are tractors without violins" ?   jose figueres

On 2/15/2020 at 2:22 PM, Flips said:

So I recently was going to buy a Daiwa bg 5000 but when I was just looking at reviews I stumbled upon the Daiwa bg magsealed the supposedly better version but the thing that sucks is that i can only get it on European online stores that kill my wallet... Anyone know if the bg magsealed is worth it in the end to spend $200+ or should I just stick with the regular bg that would cost me $100?

Get the BG

"He's a good stick" - Mr. Miyagi"  ~  "Yep!" - Captain Dingo

"How are you doing that" - Jimmy the Mate  ~  "Shipwreck is one of those guys!" - Capt. Freddy Gamboa

On 2/15/2020 at 3:01 PM, glos said:

None, there are numerous reports of bg getting broken here.

And that is main gear assembly broken type of stuff, not just hanle knob, bail arm .. problems.

After all these years and thousands of reels just in the Mid Atlantic in use, actual facts do not bear out this statement.  We get you dont like Daiwa, but lets try not to use anecdotal evidence from a website to state mis truths.

Edited by Shipwreck

"He's a good stick" - Mr. Miyagi"  ~  "Yep!" - Captain Dingo

"How are you doing that" - Jimmy the Mate  ~  "Shipwreck is one of those guys!" - Capt. Freddy Gamboa

19 hours ago, ZAFisher said:

That's me - I'm about to order my 2nd batch for the distance casting crowd. And some more of his guides to play with.

He was super psyched....... He called me after that silly video I put out.....and you ordered right after...lolol

He was giddy :)  

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

2 hours ago, Shipwreck said:

After all these years and thousands of reels just in the Mid Atlantic in use, actual facts do not bear out this statement.  We get you dont like Daiwa, but lets try not to use anecdotal evidence from a website to state mis truths.

It's glos........nuff said.

..dude spouts nothing but nonsense, stuff that he google translates incorrectly from other sites.....and the consistency in which he's dead wrong is remarkable.

I don't think he's been able to speak from first hand experience pertaining to a single one of his posts.....outside of his potato cam pic of 3 new shimano long cast reels that he posts out of right field  (not inline with thread topic) any chance he gets..

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

And it`s Okuma reels that I like to show. I guaranty that those can handle tuna at around 70 kg.

Especially when upgraded with all the way thru ( upper body cover ) nuts and bolts, with loctite added, because they unscrew if left by themselves.

Too strong for plastic body, but if it was metal it would be too heavy, so it has to be plastic.

Edited by glos

4 hours ago, Kima said:

Where do I place my bets?  I've got $100 on the under.

On lurekiller reels, or tsurinoya brown bear.

Serious fishos have tested those lurekiller reels here, catfish fishos, and they say those hold up to everything top end shizamo, penn and daiwa + cabo quantum, sustain.

4 hours ago, Kima said:

And no long cast reel will hold up to tuna either.

This one can, thanks to 7 + mm main shaft, steel worm..

I`m 300 pounds of mainly muscle, and pushed them left and right, so much so that body cover started to flex out, but they are as smooth when under load as they were from the box. Only diference is in room feel, noise, that is slightly noticable.

5 hours ago, Kima said:

And no long cast reel will hold up to tuna either.

I beg your pardon, my space age shizamo longest cast can absolutely handle these tuna but only if you pair it with a black hole. All the real fishos swear by them.

0008000000673_2_A1C1_1200.png.1e86d23365a481ea351a63a417b0e656.png

Edited by Sandbar1

Chasing false echoes

Send lawyers, guns, and money - Zevon

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - Thompson 

DITCH TROLL 333

54 mins ago, glos said:

On lurekiller reels, or tsurinoya brown bear.

Serious fishos have tested those lurekiller reels here, catfish fishos, and they say those hold up to everything top end shizamo, penn and daiwa + cabo quantum, sustain.

This one can, thanks to 7 + mm main shaft, steel worm..

I`m 300 pounds of mainly muscle, and pushed them left and right, so much so that body cover started to flex out, but they are as smooth when under load as they were from the box. Only diference is in room feel, noise, that is slightly noticable.

Pics or I call total BS.

G.B.O.G.H. -- DT326

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."--M. Mead

Be safe, be smart, be kind.--Gary Crocker, Maine Humorist/Philosopher

4 mins ago, glos said:

Call it what you want. I also had 6 pack slightly visible ( not any more ) at the end of summer. Gym and swimming all year, all day. Gym 2 times a day, for some time.

Please re-read post #43.

G.B.O.G.H. -- DT326

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."--M. Mead

Be safe, be smart, be kind.--Gary Crocker, Maine Humorist/Philosopher