Bg or Bg magsealed...

Rate this topic

Flips

i fish heavy surf usually river mouths/bars because that's where the snook hang. i seal my unsealed reels with aquashield grease. i pop the side plate after every session. if there is water ingress i pour it out. when grease becomes discolored i service. simple as that

"what good are tractors without violins" ?   jose figueres

30 mins ago, mark d said:

i fish heavy surf usually river mouths/bars because that's where the snook hang. i seal my unsealed reels with aquashield grease. i pop the side plate after every session. if there is water ingress i pour it out. when grease becomes discolored i service. simple as that

What parts do you use it on? I will probably buy some to slap on my reels this summer

2 hours ago, mark d said:

Doesn't that just become a hassle? Why not just fish a true sealed reel (not mag sealed) in those conditions?

Chasing false echoes

Send lawyers, guns, and money - Zevon

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - Thompson 

DITCH TROLL 333

10 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Jeez...........

Daiwa makes a billion redundant reels..how bout one to compete with the Gosa...

Please Mr Daiwa, did you see Scoob's suggestion?

Screw on cap over the anti reverse (say like a Saltiga?) but with a proper mechanical seal?

I do think Daiwa's current design with an up-ended cup into which the AR is mounted with a screwed down cover is part of the problem.

But somehow I think they will stick to their guns about mag-sealing being the way of the future.

Until they don't, say like Shimano and their pig headed insistence about a parallel spool shaft being fine for big reels on short rods....

To be fair - South Africans see the word "sealed", be it "mag sealed", "sealed drag" or "sealed ball bearings" and the idiots think they can swim 100m out to sea to a sand bank (dragging a shark attracting bait the size of your hand) and crank under water.

Oy vey.

Edited by ZAFisher

23 mins ago, ZAFisher said:

Please Mr Daiwa, did you see Scoob's suggestion?

Screw on cap over the anti reverse (say like a Saltiga?) but with a proper mechanical seal?

I do think Daiwa's current design with an up-ended cup into which the AR is mounted with a screwed down cover is part of the problem.

But somehow I think they will stick to their guns about mag-sealing being the way of the future.

Until they don't, say like Shimano and their pig headed insistence about a parallel spool shaft being fine for big reels on short rods....

To be fair - South Africans see the word "sealed", be it "mag sealed", "sealed drag" or "sealed ball bearings" and the idiots think they can swim 100m out to sea to a sand bank (dragging a shark attracting bait the size of your hand) and crank under water.

Oy vey.

When I was at the bassmaster classic last year I spoke to some big wigs at the daiwa booth.

I brought that up.......and was greeted with ahhhhhhhhhh no......  One dude understood what I was getting at....but there's nothing they can do

Japan wants as free spinning as possible...so much so that on the exist they scrapped the rubber lip seal at the handle crank in favor of I believe a mag sealed bearing.......ANd in the certate they add the lip seal.....and run the bearings without shields at all...

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

20 hours ago, Tallahams said:

Magsealed not worth..

Is the same reel but more dificult to service your self.

Mag seal at the clutch is pretty simple.....just a magnetic ring and some goo....

It only serves as a barrier.....  Easy to clean out and replace with any ferrofluid goo.....just q tip and replace when servicing.

The only tricky part in my opinion is alligning the magnetic plate prior to tightening down the screws... If it's not alligned right..when you put on the rotor...the clutch sleeve will rub on the plate making an obvious rub noise and you can feel it...

Just stick a plastic pic (cheap rear section of a paint brush)  and use it like a joy stick to center it....

(((((I've seen and fixed 3 brand new reels that weren't alligned right from the factory (larger salstists)))

Tims

It's understandable that their biggest market will dictate what they produce.

Down here our market is so minuscule, comparatively, that we get everyone else's afterthoughts, except when it comes to big long casting heavers. Daiwa even make SA market only heavers. Go figure.

7 mins ago, ZAFisher said:

It's understandable that their biggest market will dictate what they produce.

Down here our market is so minuscule, comparatively, that we get everyone else's afterthoughts, except when it comes to big long casting heavers. Daiwa even make SA market only heavers. Go figure.

Hey....did you buy a bunch of omotos the other day?

Donny boy text me that someone order a few from SA

Tims

7 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

Mag seal at the clutch is pretty simple.....just a magnetic ring and some goo....

It only serves as a barrier.....  Easy to clean out and replace with any ferrofluid goo.....just q tip and replace when servicing.

The only tricky part in my opinion is alligning the magnetic plate prior to tightening down the screws... If it's not alligned right..when you put on the rotor...the clutch sleeve will rub on the plate making an obvious rub noise and you can feel it...

Just stick a plastic pic (cheap rear section of a paint brush)  and use it like a joy stick to center it....

(((((I've seen and fixed 3 brand new reels that weren't alligned right from the factory (larger salstists)))

You are right.

Worth the diference? Think no.

In my case is 70% more priced magsealed (not bail bearinig).