rathrbefishn

Work Wear- pants with kneepads

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

So I'm just a homeowner, DI/y guy and usually use old jeans for my workwear.  I've just finished some flooring and my knees didn't' appreciate it at all.  I did use some foam to kneel on as I am not a fan of kneedpads-  I've tried multiple types and the straps always rub the backs of my legs.  But moving foam around is a PIA> With more tilework ahead, I'm thinking about getting some of the workwear type pants with double pockets that let you slip knee pads between the layers.  Anyone with any experience or recommendations?

Edited by rathrbefishn

On 2/15/2020 at 8:33 AM, rathrbefishn said:

So I'm just a homeowner, DI/y guy and usually use old jeans for my workwear.  I've just finished some flooring and my knees didn't' appreciate it at all.  I did use some foam to kneel on as I am not a fan of kneedpads-  I've tried multiple types and the straps always rub the backs of my legs.  But moving foam around is a PIA> With more tilework ahead, I'm thinking about getting some of the workwear type pants with double pockets that let you slip knee pads between the layers.  Anyone with any experience or recommendations?

Maybe try duct taping them to your pants instead of using the straps. I have cheap ones with a single strap that work for me.

Posted (edited) · Report post

If you get Carhartts with the clean out knees you can pad them internally. I roll up some Pergo foam underlament and push it up in to the double knee and then spread it out. Garden kneeling pads work too!

5904FF83-D1FC-47D5-990D-B4A1DB058F3D.jpeg

Edited by cheech

Duluth Trading makes pants that accept knee pads internally. I don't have them, but I do wear their pants for work and they are great, even if a bit pricey.

Your knees will get mesothelioma from the asbestos :eek:

On 3/15/2020 at 7:18 AM, Hook I said:

glue a pair of square pot holders to the inside to the knee or stitch them with old fishing braid :rav: