reel gambler

Bass article Baltimore Sun

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

This guy actually gets it. The author  Summed it up pretty good in the article. The Hogan administration giving political favors to the waterman instead of trying to save the bass. Short sighted is this course of action. I’m outta hope for the asmfc. Time for a moratorium. They been kicking the van down the road too long. 

Same story it's been for many years in MD. Nothing really changes no matter who's Governor. 

Many folks are real upset about Trumps budget cuts too, that include a big chunk that had been earmarked for the Chesapeake. It is time to stop giving money to a state that never fixes it's problems. 

I lived in MD for 59 years and love the Bay, but it's been declining for as long as I can remember and I don't see it improving. The monetary cost is too high and no one is willing to make the hard decisions that need to be made. Too much politics involved too.

It's a real shame. Ronald Reagan called the Bay a National Treasure but no one seems to treat it that way. The Stripers are just one of the casualties. :banghd: