Saltator

S**tholes of the World

Rate this topic

325 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

S**tholes

As places in the world are discussed it’s often brought up that some place or other (Wu-Han, Sri Lanka, New Jersey) is a s**thole. I’ve been trying to figure this out and have some questions. 

For one, I’m having trouble understanding why?  Why does it need to be brought up that – “it’s a s**thole”?   As near as I can tell it suspends some of the normal rules.  If someone is from a s**thole then they’re basically inferior – right?  But, normally we might not come right out and say that since it sounds mean-spirited and possibly racist.  So, instead, we just say, “it’s a s**thole” and…..BAM, we know what we’re talkin’ about.    Is that how it works?  People say “it’s a s**thole” all the time in here – so why? Is this the reason?

Another thing is how do we decide what makes a s**thole?  I’ve been trying to figure this out.  Anyplace you can’t drink the water or if something bad once happened there definitely seems to be part of it.  All of Africa and most of Asia and South America, and any place where the people are brown.  These all seem to apply (Maybe not New Jersey, but they like pork roll so there you go). Sometimes you can drink the water and the people are (mainly) white but the politics aren’t right (France, New York City).  If living in a s**thole pretty much rules out large swaths of the population I think we need some rules about s**tholes.  Can’t seem to figure them out.  What turns a decent country into a complete s**thole?

Another thing is that a place must be declared to be a s**thole.  It seems that the way it works is somebody has to say it.  So, I could start a thread about Haiti and no one would feel that had to say it’s on an island or that it’s in the Caribbean, but I know somebody would feel compelled to declare, “it’s a s**thole”. The fact that it must be said is interesting.  It basically contributes nothing to the conversation to say it’s a s**thole, but somebody has to do it.   It's like it’s some sort of coded language.   

So, I’m trying to figure this out.  Any assistance appreciated.  In a recent post someone declared India to be, “the s**thole to end all s**tholes”, so to get the ball rolling I’m going to post some pictures my wife took while we were in India.  This is what a s**thole looks like, and so we can go from there. 

PICTURES OF A S**THOLE

IMG_9084 3.jpg

IMG_9122 3.jpg

DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_1606.jpg

DSC_0679.jpg

DSC_0369.jpg

DSC_0405.jpg

DSC_1683.jpg

DSC_2135.jpg

DSC_2933.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

IMG_9329 3.jpg

Edited by Saltator

1 min ago, Saltator said:

All of Africa and most of Asia and South America, and any place where the people are brown.

Congratulations, you just made it racist :rolleyes: 

4 mins ago, TimS said:

Congratulations, you just made it racist :rolleyes: 

I was suggesting what seem to be the rules to me based on what gets posted. .  If I'm wrong, then tell me what the rules are.  

Some of my friends have visited India on business, get out of the main business areas and sewage runs down the side of the road.

Not sure where you're trying to go with this.

If you're getting to immigration, than it's easy.

Most of India it is a shole. Aunt goes there every year on business. Nicest lady in the world, she hates it. She says it is beyond a shole. She gets sick every time there and she only eats and stays in 4 star hotel. Caste system is out of control and poverty is beyond anything she has ever seen. 

She loans billions of dollars to diamond miners and most diamond mines are in sholes, so she has been around. 40 years been doing it, and it has only gotten worse she claims. 

14 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

there are certainly some predominantly white chitholes. 

I pointed that out last time... doesn't work with his narrative evidently 

1 min ago, fishinambition said:

Ever seen a russian redneck? They make indians look human.

"Meanwhile in Russia" 

Youtube and Reddit gold... I can watch that stuff for hours