February 2020 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

Sheisty

5 hours ago, bdowning said:

I assume 3s the limit for shore. But as others have said, whos going to bust someone for a bucket of snappers? 

To that point..who's gonna bust someone with a sack of gators? I doubt all of those people i see lined up on bulkheads in spring will get the memo. Regs are nice but worthless without enforcement. And I almost never see enforcement .

They need to get rid of that bonus tag Bullchit.  People just reuse them and take fish after fish.  One slot Bass is enough.  
And as far as Blues it’s been long over due to reduce the limit.  People killing them for shark bait and fertilizer is ridiculous.  Now, the wardens just need to camp out at the inlets in the spring.  They’ll have a field day writing tickets to the trash bag brigade. 

18 hours ago, Sudsy said:

How many people are going to get busted snapper fishing ??

……. no but tossing a cast net for flukin'.

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

1 hour ago, Artie Fishil said:

If they put a size limit on bluefish that would solve the snapper issue, like 3 fish over say 12 inches but no limit under 8 inches.

This came up on another thread. At least one state did specify size limits. And ive alteady forgotten which. possibly ct and one other.

Pfantum Pfishah

I like the greeting sign. I second the vote to keep it.

id prefer a slot on stripers of something along the lines of 22-26 or 28. I don’t care about potential “world record” fish, for at least for a few years. If 50 plus inch start getting caught possibly a single additional adjustment can made to allow a 50 inch fish. Let’s see if we get there first. 

Not a whole lot summer beenies know snappers are blue fish so a size limit on that is not a crazy idea. Last couple of years I have been catching blues up to 5 pounds with fly rod so it appears some type of comeback is being made. Fun fish to catch.  

Look, your fishin' the ocean or bay....no one said you can't hook up on a 50lb. fish......ya just have to return it......ie. Chesapeake.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

On 2/15/2020 at 8:02 AM, Gully said:

I woulda preferred 24 to whatever. 

My thoughts exactly 

I’m more concerned about fluke and weakfish bait. Only 3 a bucket is a bummer...  

So you need like fifteen people with fifteen buckets to go fishing.... not a problem for the people around here 

Smoke 'em if you got 'em, we're going down

• Sudsy locked this topic