Sheisty

February 2020 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

115 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

5e48708e45f54_NJwelcomesmall.jpg.34ef338bfac5eb6b9238c1bad89f332e.jpg

Report as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader but please don't post specific street names or areas, (cites, parks, landmarks etc).

A specific spot is too much information!
It's not like telling a friend or two, posting it here is telling thousands. Doing so only creates crowds, garbage, and loss of our spots.

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in separate threads.

For example, you can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The terms to use are..........

Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters.

County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

Edited by Sudsy

1-3 pm recon (in the back)

Mercer county. Water was murked up but fishable.  38 degree water temp looking for a musky on the flats. No signs of life.  Tight lines.  Happy V day!

So 28 to 38 is the new Reg and only one fish, are you all happy about this or what?! Bonus tag starts in May as well. I don't really care, coz I rarely catch, I just like watch the sun rise and take pictures of it. 

11 mins ago, adoboboy said:

So 28 to 38 is the new Reg and only one fish, are you all happy about this or what?! Bonus tag starts in May as well. I don't really care, coz I rarely catch, I just like watch the sun rise and take pictures of it. 

I've been pushing for a slot for many years.

17 mins ago, adoboboy said:

It’s a step in the right direction. No one is eating 2 fish that size anyway, it will either be given away or sit in the freezer for 6 months until it’s considered “freezer burned” and thrown away

The regulations on Bluefish I'm not clear with, private boat limit is 3, commercial boat is 5, but doesn't say for those fishing from shore. But, I think its a clear win for bluefish, which is a good thing.

Posted (edited) · Report post

52 mins ago, adoboboy said:

So 28 to 38 is the new Reg and only one fish, are you all happy about this or what?!

What happens if someone gets a new record fish ?

I wanted a bonus tag for something of size just in case - one tag that you could use once.

Edited by Sudsy

31 mins ago, adoboboy said:

The regulations on Bluefish I'm not clear with, private boat limit is 3, commercial boat is 5, but doesn't say for those fishing from shore. But, I think its a clear win for bluefish, which is a good thing.

How many people are going to get busted snapper fishing ??

12 hours ago, adoboboy said:

I woulda preferred 24 to whatever. 

11 hours ago, Sudsy said:

What happens if someone gets a new record fish ?

I wanted a bonus tag for something of size just in case - one tag that you could use once.

My thoughts exactly 

11 hours ago, Sudsy said:

How many people are going to get busted snapper fishing ??

I’m more concerned about fluke and weakfish bait. Only 3 a bucket is a bummer...  

11 hours ago, adoboboy said:

I assume 3s the limit for shore. But as others have said, whos going to bust someone for a bucket of snappers?