Hammerheadman

Yamaha 4.2 L 300HP.

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Great motors. Make sure you use the proper octane fuel and ringfree or something similar to keep down on carbon build up. 
some people buy seafoam in bulk (gallon at a time)

Use a cleaning product af a 1 tank per month rate, especially since you troll.  Engines are built to run like the wind, and don't like it when they're reined in...  My 200 Yammie liked the treatement, as does my 115...

I have a little over 400 hours on my 300, on my Robalo 242cc.  I've had no problems so far in just under three years.  It's also well maintained and I put in 89 to 92 gas in it.  It's happiest running at 4k to 4.8k regardless of the load.  Did you get the Command Link option for yours?  I'd be curious to know how the 4 stroke 300 compares to the 2 stroke 250 in holeshot and low to mid range acceleration.  

11 hours ago, OBX351 said:

I have a little over 400 hours on my 300, on my Robalo 242cc.  I've had no problems so far in just under three years.  It's also well maintained and I put in 89 to 92 gas in it.  It's happiest running at 4k to 4.8k regardless of the load.  Did you get the Command Link option for yours?  I'd be curious to know how the 4 stroke 300 compares to the 2 stroke 250 in holeshot and low to mid range acceleration.  

No I do not have the command link. The whole shot is better and it is a much smoother running engine. more torque better control of speed . I still need to get used to the throttle compared to the old . All new controls from mechanical to digital