Drew C.

NJ - the kill'em all state: 24-38" for Bass

Rate this topic

316 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Drew C. said:

Bass regs are effectively 24-38" for the great state of NJ. Bonus tag of 24-28, then 28-38". Get your bonus tag and you can keep an unlimited number of prespawn fish!

Between the greed of NJ and the incompetence and corruption at the ASMFC - bass are screwed.

Where is this confirmed?

1 min ago, cartopper said:

Where is this confirmed?

Last nights meeting.  ASMFC still has the option to shoot it down but seeing as that has not happened to this point it is unlikely it will.

18 mins ago, Goldy said:

The way bonus tag worked in the past is one per angler and you had to send the tag in once caught. 

Yeah right.  That's the rule.  People just hold the tag, and use it if they get caught.  It's just a get out of jail free card for poaching.

19 mins ago, Goldy said:

The way bonus tag worked in the past is one per angler and you had to send the tag in once caught. 

In theory that's how it is designed to work.  How it really works is the fish are tossed on deck and tags are not actually used unless there is the possibility of the boat being checked.  Boat goes unchecked, tags go unused and saved for the next trip. 

1 min ago, fishless said:

In theory that's how it is designed to work.  How it really works is the fish are tossed on deck and tags are not actually used unless there is the possibility of the boat being checked.  Boat goes unchecked, tags go unused and saved for the next trip. 

Well people are balloon knots. What can i say.  

10 mins ago, Goldy said:

Still no one answered commercial fishing in ny conn ccc.  No size limits. 

It’s doesn’t matter. Commercial isn’t the issue. 

ps - nj has comm fishing. 

3 mins ago, fishless said:

Last nights meeting.  ASMFC still has the option to shoot it down but seeing as that has not happened to this point it is unlikely it will.

Thanks . . . so not final reg yet . . . still hope . . . I hope.  NJ cannot get it right on so many levels it's disheartening!!!

3 mins ago, Yudi said:

Yeah right.  That's the rule.  People just hold the tag, and use it if they get caught.  It's just a get out of jail free card for poaching.

Absolutely how it works. The tags get reused multiple times.

NJ routinely exceeds its commercial quotas b

2 mins ago, cartopper said:

Thanks . . . so not final reg yet . . . still hope . . . I hope.  NJ cannot get it right on so many levels it's disheartening!!!

It’s pretty much final. The corrupt asmfc could still shoot down NJs use of their commercial quota (the so called bonus tag) but it’s doubtful that they will. 

From a public stand point I'm not sure what more could be done last night.  Attendance was strong, unfortunately from what I'm hearing (was unable to be there) the for hires had a strong showing and showed early.  The room filled and doors were closed.  Everyone else was asked to wait outside if they wanted the opportunity to speak.  I'm not sure what the steps are to try and petition to have commissioners replaced. I would think should a movement to replace were to take place, if that's even possible, there must be a specific person or persons nominated to replace to outgoing commissioners before anything begins. Failure to do that and if a movement to replace just because were to happen then the current commissioners could be replaced by someone worse.   

10 mins ago, Billybob said:

There's no commercial in Ct.

How does Jersey explain that this is somehow equivalent?

Ct can only say that this year. Prior, Ct had a tag too. 

at least they did the right thing and stopped it. 

1 min ago, fishless said:

From a public stand point I'm not sure what more could be done last night.  Attendance was strong, unfortunately from what I'm hearing (was unable to be there) the for hires had a strong showing and showed early.  The room filled and doors were closed.  Everyone else was asked to wait outside if they wanted the opportunity to speak.  I'm not sure what the steps are to try and petition to have commissioners replaced. I would think should a movement to replace were to take place, if that's even possible, there must be a specific person or persons nominated to replace to outgoing commissioners before anything begins. Failure to do that and if a movement to replace just because were to happen then the current commissioners could be replaced by someone worse.   

The meeting was rigged by the state - 5pm on a Thursday? Seriously? Everyone is working except the for hires, they’re generally not working this time of year. 

NJ intentionally did it this way for that reason. They stacked the deck. 

NJ = corruption. 

Just now, Drew C. said:

The meeting was rigged by the state - 5pm on a Thursday? Seriously? Everyone is working except the for hires, they’re generally not working this time of year. 

NJ intentionally did it this way for that reason. They stacked the deck. 

NJ = corruption. 

I agree on al fronts.  And the doors were closed a half hour before it was slated to begin.  At best I would have driven about an hour and 15 to arrive late still with the thought I would get to speak.  Then I got a text saying wherever you are on route turn around because the room is closed.