Flips

Stripper weather/patterns

Rate this topic

40 posts in this topic

4 mins ago, DanCbass said:

What?? Zachary's is gone???:waah:

It has been gone for a few months now and they are getting it ready to have a new business . I wonder who they will rent out the cottages in the back and for what reason?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Angler #1 said:

It has been gone for a few months now and they are getting it ready to have a new business . I wonder who they will rent out the cottages in the back and for what reason?

Interesting you'd know this. You must have been a regular customer.

Were those cottages rented by the night, or the hour?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, bob_G said:

Interesting you'd know this. You must have been a regular customer.

Were those cottages rented by the night, or the hour?

Bob it is always interesting to see where you go and can read someones mind . I was no more a regular customer then you .  As far  as the rest goes one could say depending upon who you were, depended upon how they might have charged for rental I suppose, having never been inside the club or the cottages. I did have some friends from another time that however did take advantage of the specials they would hold periodically . They told me it was great food along with the desert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 mins ago, beerdoh said:

Strippers are attracted to poles so that’s all you really need. 

POles are no good unless they have a number attached to them:howdy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RyanJ_88 said:

Poor Flips still learning the ropes, glad the SOL community was here to help. lol :grouphug:

@Flips must be doing flips by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

Don’t forget to catch and release those strippers. 
 

On a more serious note:

Tides- Filling and emptying a cup

Current- Swirling the water in the cup one way or another

Moon Phases can make the tides or currents stronger and wind can impact water movement or water temperature.
 

Keep a log, keep an eye out for the various types of bait so you can try to match the profile and fish when you can rather than trying to plan around “ideal” times since those ideal times are probably when you are at work and there is less boat traffic.
 

Season for many of us starts as soon as we can start to feel our fingers and toes and ends when we start to stop feeling our fingers and toes.

Edited by Searobin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

23 hours ago, RyanJ_88 said:

Poor Flips still learning the ropes, glad the SOL community was here to help. lol :grouphug:

Eh, Im a year( basically a summer) into Surf fishing caught a  little schollie striper and a few mackerel I used for bait, but I’ve been fishing trout, large mouth bass, etc. in lakes a ponds around the state for basically my life haha. 

 

but yea this forum helped a lot in actuality even though some people not that helpful but many are.

Edited by Flips

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 mins ago, Flips said:

Eh, Im a year( basically a summer) into Surf fishing caught a  little schollie striper and a few mackerel I used for bait, but I’ve been fishing trout, large mouth bass, etc. in lakes a ponds around the state for basically my life haha. 

 

but yea this forum helped a lot in actuality even though some people not that helpful but many are.

Lol— this pace is fun as hell AND can teach you sooo much about the surf/stripers, but can also be a reminder that any minor mistake or misspelling will take ya through the gauntlet. Some tough skin def helps but it’s all in good fun, most of the time. Lots of good stuff in the beginner forums regarding lure selection, fishing the canal, bike setups etc. This year is my first year with a 4x4 permit and a lot of guys offered some stellar advice for me getting started on that front. As for my advice for you, YouTube is incredible for old seminars by some legends in the industry regarding tides, moon-phases how to work certain lures, it’s endless. Good luck out there this year hopefully you catch many more!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.