fishfinder

Local bait and tackle price matching?

Rate this topic

112 posts in this topic

I don't think OP deserves this thrashing lol...price matching on reels is not an unreasonable suggestion, how many here have jumped on online deals posted on SOL alone in the last year? 

If local B&Ts don't need the business, fine. Based on how few are left in business...I'd say maximizing traffic by price matching larger items is not a bad move. 

5 mins ago, buddha162 said:

I don't think OP deserves this thrashing lol...price matching on reels is not an unreasonable suggestion, how many here have jumped on online deals posted on SOL alone in the last year? 

If local B&Ts don't need the business, fine. Based on how few are left in business...I'd say maximizing traffic by price matching larger items is not a bad move. 

Bingo

4 mins ago, klunkers said:

I always try and buy from the little guy. Nice to walk in and look and shoot the chit .when the small shops are gone you will miss them. Price is not everything. 

That's all im sayin.

Jeff Bezos just bought a $130 million dollar house.
Most local B&T‘s are just getting by. 

Jeff Bezos doesn’t smile when I walk in the door and ask me how I’ve been. 
My regular B&T does. 

23 mins ago, klunkers said:

I always try and buy from the little guy. Nice to walk in and look and shoot the chit .when the small shops are gone you will miss them. Price is not everything. 

I 100 percent will miss them when they are gone that's what I was trying to stop by saying maybe price matching would get more people to shop at them. 

Edited by fishfinder

There is a 1000+ reasons why we all should go, shop and support our local B&T stores.

I am sure they will make you a (reasonable) deal on VS or ZB; it may not be as on line retailers, but they will talk to you, show you in and how and hold your hands, if you need to.

Or

Maybe, they should give you free VS with every dozen of clams you buy?

Oh, wait. I forgot, you are not buying clams from B&T; you buy them from oriental store because they sell them $0.25 cheaper.

6 mins ago, Popasilov said:

There is a 1000+ reasons why we all should go, shop and support our local B&T stores.

I am sure they will make you a (reasonable) deal on VS or ZB; it may not be as on line retailers, but they will talk to you, show you in and how and hold your hands, if you need to.

Or

Maybe, they should give you free VS with every dozen of clams you buy?

Oh, wait. I forgot, you are not buying clams from B&T; you buy them from oriental store because they sell them $0.25 cheaper.

Actually getting better clams from them these days not cause they are cheaper cause they aren't by much but becuase at the shops the whole clams recently past few years maybe even more like 7 are the size of a silver dollar maybe a little bigger that means the belly is the size of a quarter when bassing what the f are you going to do with that.and again all you not cheap saints out there are saying you never want a good deal or even just want to feel like you aren't over paying for something you could get somewhere else for less I call big time bs

Sadly, 100% of the shops I used to look forward to going to have closed their doors for good .

Theres no good tackle shop that’s less than a 45 minute drive from me. Not one that actually carries something I might be interested  in purchasing, anyway. 
As much as I would love to patronize the small independent tackle shops it’s really  not practical for me to do so as much as I used to. 

Additionally, I’m someone who has always been a working class family man. 
I have always had and always will have a limited amount of money available with which I can make tackle purchases.

I am always looking to stretch my fishing dollar as far as I can.

Sometimes the online deals are just too good to ignore.

A perfect example of this was the incredible Slammer 3 deals that online vendors had last Christmas. 
I think some lucky anglers got them for around $140 and who can really blame anyone for buying one at such a great price? 

26 mins ago, fishfinder said:

.and again all you not cheap saints out there are saying you never want a good deal or even just want to feel like you aren't over paying for something you could get somewhere else for less I call big time bs

I am the very first one who will go to Wally to grab few cheap stuff.

But also, I would rather stop at my local B&T to buy few buck-tails (and have a coffee with Tim), spent few $ more then driving or waiting for stuff in the mail.

Or

I love stopping at Cow Harbor, every time I pass by.

Talk to the guys, buy few small stuff (that I don't need), looking at Mark's work and rods on the display, etc.

Try that with Amazon driver, who can not find your address and kick packages on your front door.

9 hours ago, valentine said:

Sometimes the online deals are just too good to ignore.

A perfect example of this was the incredible Slammer 3 deals that online vendors had last Christmas. 
I think some lucky anglers got them for around $140 and who can really blame anyone for buying one at such a great price? 

Nobody is saying ignore deals on line and buy 2x more expensive stuff at B&T.

Times have changed and most of B&T owners know that.

In order for them to keep doors open they do need our help.

Edited by Popasilov
spelling