Local bait and tackle price matching?

Rate this topic

fishfinder

Cant make a profit like big box or large online retailers can in a brick and mortar store nowadays. I'd gladly (and do) pay a little more to support the smaller guys who arent getting quantity discounts like other places. Worked in a gun/tackle shop for a few years and cant begin to tell you how devastating online sales are to the smaller guys. "I can get it cheaper on blah blah blah" 

Cool, and when theres and issue, dont come to me to fix it. Pshh. Dont need your money that bad. 

Edited by ThrowinPlugs

Lots of anger in those replies you sound like you might be biast to the question already lol So we the customers should pay way more at a local tackle shop? For what? If I could get a vsx 200 shipped to my door no tax for say 650 or less why would I pay 750 plus tax at the local shop?wouldn't they rather match the price keep my business and maybe I'll buy some 6 ounce sinkers for 2 dollars each and 3 dollars for a fresh bunker lol

Edited by fishfinder

Not when that VSX costs $650 to order because you arent buying 100 of them at a time. People with attitudes like yours arent people a shop owner wants to deal with anyway. No big loss. They dont need your business because someone else will GLADLY support their local business over and over  over filling the pockets of big companies.

Your local shop doesn't make money off 2 dollar sinkers and 3 dollar menhaden, when your going offshore at 4am the next day or to fish a ride and realize you HAVE to have something at 6pm can you call Amazon and get them to leave it outside for you? I can with my shops. When it's cold and rainy and nothing's going on can you sit in Amazon and talk a little and catch up? I can with my local shop. Support small business, it's what built us. If you view things the way you do, I'm sure your local shop owner would be glad to have none of your business.

It's the story of retail...mostly controlled by amazon.they treat their employees like dog dirt reportedly don't pay the correct amount of taxes no road tax and the monopoly laws don't apply.at least some companies have pulled out of amazon. And who worke d for who during some of the biggest financial debacles in u.s. History and no one went to jail.amazoning I mean amazing or should I say China's wear house

18 mins ago, ThrowinPlugs said:

Not when that VSX costs $650 to order because you arent buying 100 of them at a time. People with attitudes like yours arent people a shop owner wants to deal with anyway. No big loss. They dont need your business because someone else will GLADLY support their local business over and over  over filling the pockets of big companies.

exactly, yet again

ASMFC - Destroying public resources and fisheries one stock at a time since 1942.

I've seen so many people on here in bst forum not buy something over 5 dollars even less sometimes pretty sure most people are "cheap" nothing new.just trying to get more business for the local b and tackle shops guess they don't want it.of course if the price match they are not make money on the product then maybe shouldn't but for the most part if they price matched on most items hey would still make money just not as much as they wanted

Edited by fishfinder