Drew C.

Tonight’s NJ bass meeting

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

My Dad went, was turned away at the door - too full. Hopefully the right people are in attendance. 

Many times these things devolve into a crappy atmosphere due to guys resisting regs. While civility is always preferred part of me wants this to be a **** show with guys demanding more restrictive regs. 

Word that I'm getting from some who were is that things didn't go well.

28-38" slot, bonus season begins May 15 (so that folks won't miss the 2015s headed north).  The only positive is that there will not be a "trophy" bonus fishery.

The for-hires were out in numbers.

The final decision is up to the state, but I'm being told that's just a rubber stamp.

4 mins ago, Drew C. said:

The meeting was rigged. Look at the start time and location for a Thursday in feb...

It's not unusual for fisheries meetings to be held during the day.  In the end, that's just an excuse for people not to attend.

We've all taken vacation days and personal days and maybe used sick days to go fishing.  If we can do that, we can take a vacation day, or call in sick, to attend an important fisheries meeting.  Most people just choose not to do so.

Yes. But I’m this case there was a good turnout but the venue was too small. Again, I don’t think that was by accident. Same thing with the time and location. 

The state damn well knew what would happen if there had been a 7pm start time in a bigger location further north. Getting to manahawkin at 5pm on a thurs from northern nj is a little tough. If I was working/living there still I don’t know if I could swing that. I’d certainly have to burn some pto for it. 

On 2/14/2020 at 10:02 AM, Drew C. said:

Yes. But I’m this case there was a good turnout but the venue was too small. Again, I don’t think that was by accident. Same thing with the time and location. 

The state damn well knew what would happen if there had been a 7pm start time in a bigger location further north. Getting to manahawkin at 5pm on a thurs from northern nj is a little tough. If I was working/living there still I don’t know if I could swing that. I’d certainly have to burn some pto for it. 

That's one thing that New York does well.  Any time that they believe that a meeting will draw a crowd, they find a venue big enough to hold the expected attendees.

35 mins ago, CWitek said:

That's one thing that New York does well.  Any time that they believe that a meeting will draw a crowd, they find a venue big enough to hold the expected attendees.

Last meeting at Bethpage went well enough until the butt wipes started yelling at a few conservationists. But at least the crowd fit the venue well as it has in the few times I have attended.

17 mins ago, JoeGBreezy said:

Last meeting at Bethpage went well enough until the butt wipes started yelling at a few conservationists. But at least the crowd fit the venue well as it has in the few times I have attended.

Ignorant and ill-mannered boors don't change their personalities just because you put them in a big, airy room...

On 2/14/2020 at 11:06 AM, Drew C. said:

Asmfc just needs to approve the tag, that’s pretty much guaranteed at this point. 

You are a self proclaimed poacher. You need to please stop posting. In my opinion you should be banned from this  forum. But I guess people can change. 

21 hours ago, Jsnake4 said:

You are a self proclaimed poacher. You need to please stop posting. In my opinion you should be banned from this  forum. But I guess people can change. 

not sure what you're referring to-   Drew is the farthest thing from a poacher.  you have a mistaken identity

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, bobber said:

not sure what you're referring to-   Drew is the farthest thing from a poacher.  you have a mistaken identity

Yeah ok

B868A964-F22F-4EC4-B8A4-6B03669832AB.jpeg

Edited by Jsnake4