scoobydoo

Well that sucked....Lamiglas Night shift

Rate this topic

61 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, hobobob said:

I don't know, the dude is not some 500lb gorilla, no harness, no excessive bending of the rod. One hand pumping. The last pump just before the breakage is not even a "full" power pump.   The the break happened should be the strongest part of the rod, heavily reinforced for the joint. 

It's amazing how some people can see the same thing two opposite ways.

I see what you saw...  He chicken winged that last pump....which takes just about every mechanical advantage you have out of the equation.  The load was as such he could switch hands....

Looks like the stick bent deeper on the hookset

And It didn't really look like it was a high stick....It's not a 45....but I don't think he was redlining it.

I own tons of rods that could take a bend to the foregrip and I've never broken a rod outside of a bridge gate coming down on one......(and that's a lot of rods...some are lamis.)

51 mins ago, Baitbucket said:

At 18:35 you can see that he is able to pull the broken piece on the blank out and actually fit it back together a little bit. If the two pieces were properly seated, there is no way hes able to do that. They just never made sure they were seated snug and the top half crept up till the bottom tip snapped.

I see what you're saying there....first thing I thought....but that could have been because it split open....

If it were a 50/50 joint I'd be more confident in that....but butt joints lock up if you just breath on them.

They were probably distracted due to the filming...celebrity fishermen....setup.... etc

They probably didn't cast it either...just pitched it on a balloon...so the tip wouldn't have flown off....

So it's possible.....but any butt joint I've used...gets super tight super easy.

Annnnnnd.....he just put out the sequelllll

LOLOLOL

10 seconds in.............. KABOOOOOM

That SUCKS.......lol

That 700$ rod blowing up is gonna get a million views in a week.....Ooof.....

Edited by TimS
Not promoting his stuff here

Funny, I watched this earlier today and a few thoughts popped in my head right away... very big fish, line and leader way heavier than the rod rating, drag tightened down and then horsing the fish. Not the biggest Lami fan based on experience from many moons ago, but not sure any rod in that class stands up to that chit show.

Saw this video first on IG. Worst part is that video is when  says its an old @PENN Fishing rod in the caption. Have to say I'd be pissed if I was PENN. Also good to know, *, is a shill who will lie for his sponsors!

Edited by TimS
shills doing shill things

10 hours ago, captahab416 said:

Saw this video first on IG. Worst part is that video is when * says its an old @PENN Fishing rod in the caption. Have to say I'd be pissed if I was PENN

Just read it...seemed like more of a goof....but a goof that did hide the real name and poo poo on a competitor....so yeah.....

Also said 50-60lbs of drag...........yeah...uh huh........right.....

Ain't nobody chicken wingin 60lbs of drag on a 11 foot rod.....

Edited by TimS
social media channel

10 hours ago, captahab416 said:

Saw this video first on IG. Worst part is that video is when * says its an old @PENN Fishing rod in the caption. Have to say I'd be pissed if I was PENN. Also good to know *, is a shill who will lie for his sponsors!

An old Penn rod :dismay: when the lamiglass logo is clearly plastered all over the blank. Not that I blame lami. I like their products, though not enough to spend $700 on a factory rod. This scanario seems like user error and ignoring the old "right tool for the job". 

At least they're not spot burning the canal for millions of views this time around. :banghd:

Edited by TimS
Not promoting his social media channels here

14 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

Just read it...seemed like more of a goof....but a goof that did hide the real name and poo poo on a competitor....so yeah.....

Also said 50-60lbs of drag...........yeah...uh huh........right.....

Ain't nobody chicken wingin 60lbs of drag on a 11 foot rod.....

Honestly I thought about giving him the benefit of the doubt until he clearly posts his sponsors on his IG page. He clearly makes money from social media.  Also no other punctuation to imply a joke so as far as I'm concerned its dirty pool. With PENN being a direct competitor I find his lack of integrity to be discouraging. You know how many young kids will see that and be like ohhhh noooo I cant get a crap PENN rod now! One step closer to him offering his own patreon account for booty pics and coupon codes for fit tea. 

And yeah thats AT LEAST 60 pounds of drag.... NAHHTTT

I liked how when they got worked in to a frenzy and wanted to rip the guide off it. I’ll give the win to the shark man for using the middle section to spool the line and then he takes his shirt off. Smooth:cool: The other guy was way to amped to handle my $700 rod :banghd:

40 mins ago, Sandbar1 said:

An old Penn rod :dismay: when the lamiglass logo is clearly plastered all over the blank. Not that I blame lami. I like their products, though not enough to spend $700 on a factory rod. This scanario seems like user error and ignoring the old "right tool for the job". 

At least they're not spot burning the canal for millions of views this time around. :banghd:

I don't see this as a lamiglas issue at all. But I couldn't agree anymore on the right tool for the job notion.

13 mins ago, captahab416 said:

I don't see this as a lamiglas issue at all. But I couldn't agree anymore on the right tool for the job notion.

Neither do I. Its user error through and through in my opinion. Probably a great albeit expensive rod for stripers, just not a good choice for what they were doing.

I personally love my lami 1321 and I trust it to take a beating on the rocks and to handle any bass that swims but if I put a reel like that on it, cranked the drag down and tried to stick it to a shark I wouldn't be complaining when I paid the inevitable stupid tax.

32 mins ago, captahab416 said:

And yeah thats AT LEAST 60 pounds of drag.... NAHHTTT

I'd pay money to see Jon B try to handle 60 lb of drag......:squid: