scoobydoo

Well that sucked....Lamiglas Night shift

Rate this topic

61 posts in this topic

I have to admit......I think it's kinda funny....

(As it pertains to my remarks in the other thread....nothing more nothing less..not hating....)

This is the first time I've seen the rod in the wild....It's in the hands of without a doubt THE guy who can get a word out about something and move a ton of boxes.......................  then....KABOOM

I'm not joking...the thumbnail is the first picture of it in the wild that I've seen....that's not from a lamiglas "pro staffer".....

16:11 on the hookset looks like an odd bend.around the joint...

17:25  KABOOOM  broke right at the joint.....I assume it was seated properly....and it didn't look like he did anything wrong.....................(whether it took a hit or what not is anybodies guess....)

Anyone see * snap the crank off a Salt X....that was hilarious too.

Edited by TimS
social media channel

Saw this clip too. I dont think it was fully seated and it looks like it snaps about 1/2in below the joint which is slightly higher than the first pick.

rod1.png.e5a25d451639fff5324b6c2d94fb6a00.png

rod2.png.b7eb532f145330be5188b45a8cbf84de.png

Edited by Baitbucket

Clearly 100% user error on his part. He tightened the drag and tried to horse the fish in. Definitely not the right tool for the job either but I was pretty impressed to see the rod handle that much stress before breaking. 

Ouch !
Good team work in getting the fish in.

As far as  the rod failing; stuff like that happens sometimes.
I know we all hate it if it happens to us but seeing a rod fail like that just makes the fishing game that much more interesting.

I would not be too concerned. It will be made right at whatever level the problem needs to be addressed.
Even NASA has had things go wrong.

You can tighten down the drag a little bit if you want

Are you sure?

yeah

Ok you don't have to tell me again! TIGHTENS DOWN DRAG

ROD SNAPS

Was I putting on it too much?

Well its a $700 stick I would back off a little bit

giphy.gif.0c07aaca841511f0be211ae857d206e7.gif

I mean it def shouldn't break like that no excuses there, but is the nightshift really ment for a Daiwa Dogfight with ramped up drag against a shark? I always assumed it was geared toward the NE surfcaster wanting a light and fancy bling stick. 

I don't know, the dude is not some 500lb gorilla, no harness, no excessive bending of the rod. One hand pumping. The last pump just before the breakage is not even a "full" power pump.   The the break happened should be the strongest part of the rod, heavily reinforced for the joint. 

"$700 rod, ya gotta back off a little bit"

....what? I've seen more pressure on ugly stik big waters and lami 1201m (2 piece)/1321 rods with no breakage. 

All I gotta say is "that sucks"

At 18:35 you can see that he is able to pull the broken piece on the blank out and actually fit it back together a little bit. If the two pieces were properly seated, there is no way hes able to do that. They just never made sure they were seated snug and the top half crept up till the bottom tip snapped.

Edited by Baitbucket