planter

Publishing the names of poachers?

Rate this topic

42 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Popasilov said:

Easy solution.

Make it Federal offense.

Yeah, that's the ticket! Then when they get busted for the twentieth time they earn a week's vacation at club Fed.

Edited by MakoMike

When your an animal your an animal.....let's attach a hefty fine to the fish ,we will start at $5000.00 to one fish,confiscate vehicle,equipment ECT ECT half of proceeds goes to municipality half goes to a marine wildlife type organization and that's for one fish no use putting them in jail that's will just cost taxpayers money.make the law mandatory no way to plea down too,I found the fish I didn't have my glasses so I looked at centimetre instead of inches I was hungry.if u think about it the poachers are stealing from the tax payers we r being deprived of our simple right to catch a fish which is some what therapeutic and a stress release for some of us.as for Florida there is excuse ,between the blue rinse crowd and the animals it's hopeless .if you can't pay the fines two years cleaning the latrines along the beach front .hopefully I didn't offend some one.

Edited by Surf bomber

5 hours ago, bennie said:

I catch and release only,,,,,but for 4 years I had trout unlimited calling the game department on me every time they seen me and the police 4 times,,,,,,:beatin: just to push me off the river,,,,:airquote: but it all stopped when I started fly fishing and going to there meetings,,,,,,,,,:)

OK Bennie.......you know what they say "if it quacks like a duck,walks like a duck,etc".....why were you and the police having a conversation 4 times........once ok, mistake.......twice, a misunderstanding.......3rd, 4th time.........not so sure, what up ??

2 mins ago, beret said:

OK Bennie.......you know what they say "if it quacks like a duck,walks like a duck,etc".....why were you and the police having a conversation 4 times........once ok, mistake.......twice, a misunderstanding.......3rd, 4th time.........not so sure, what up ??

After trout season you can fish at night,,,,,,:why:

10 hours ago, FizzyFish said:

How about we cut off their hands, would that satisfy you?

Why ya' gotta go and get all crazy? 

First of all, cutting off hands is permanent. 

2. You're fairly useless in hard labor camp with no hands.

Poach 2 fish, spend a weekend in a labor camp.

Poach 4 fish, spend 2 weekends.

Poach 100 fish, like true POS, and it'll be a rough year of weekends for you.

Nothing permanent.  Nothing that can't be handled.  But surely enough to make a lot of people say "nah, it's not worth it."

13 hours ago, JoeyZac said:

Name them?

If we were serious, we'd be talking about labor camps, deportment, and forfeiture of assets.

sounds pretty permanent to me.  

4 mins ago, FizzyFish said:

sounds pretty permanent to me.  

Weekend in a labor camp ain't permanent.

Deportment if you're here illegally is flat out fantastic, but we all know they're just going to sneak back anyway, so "not permanent."

Forfeiture of assets (meaning the boat) if it's baaaaaaaaaaad enough, sure, "permanent," but hell, if it's a bad enough instance, then yeah, ****'em.

8 hours ago, Popasilov said:

Easy solution.

Make it Federal offense.

5 hours ago, MakoMike said:

Yeah, that's the ticket! Then when they get busted for the twentieth time they earn a week's vacation at club Fed.

You think Federal offense is a joke?

I know couple of people that could not extend their green cards and had to leave country because of fishing with no license on Lake Mead.

1 hour ago, Popasilov said:

You think Federal offense is a joke?

I know couple of people that could not extend their green cards and had to leave country because of fishing with no license on Lake Mead.

overthink things much?

Ya I hate poachers,,,,but what's really bad is trout stockings in Virginia,,,,:banghd: since they are able to sell,,,,,,:eek: there is all kinds of embarrassment,,,,,,,:hippie:a private pond buys 50lb and gets 500lb ,,,,,,,:help:there's no trout in the river but there's rainbow trout at the grocery store,,,,,,,,:)

Edited by bennie

Go ahead publish the names......pedro, Jose, juan....Martinez, Gonzalez, ....

Probably all here illegally, they cant read so it dont matter.  Fine them, cant find them, cant deport them, cant garnish their wages.  

The rest of the losers should have their boats and gear confiscated and donated to a youth who wants to learn how to fish.  Imagine that? Lose your boat for an illegal striper or fluke.  That would work so much better than names in a paper.

Rather extreme absolutely don't like it don't poach.obviously the current laws don't work so once again either you go to the extremes when nothing else works or take the poachers shoving it right up the conservation minded sportsmen s a s s. You got to hit them where it hurts in the pocketbook.I hope I didn't offend some one