Fishy4335

Deerfield Beach Surfcasting?

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

I will be in deerfield beach area Feb 14- 19 and am looking to get into some game fish from shore.... will be able to get out bunch hopefully!!... I would be willing to walk if need be... are there any consistent bites around the area this time of year? Nice sized Jack's, redfish, etc?... thanks.... not really looking to fish very high piers 40 ft over the water either.... I am a rock hopper so inlets/ jettys, nice walks along good fishy beaches to jetty? Thanks

In Deerfield, you can fish anywhere on the beach until the lifeguards start and until they leave,,,, 08/0900 to 5.

Boca Inlet jetty is closest and is productive. Park at Boca Inlet park.

Pompano Beach is next closest jetty (Hillsboro Inlet) and is great, about a 20 min walk from parking 

Mike

Posted (edited) · Report post

16 mins ago, MTL said:

In Deerfield, you can fish anywhere on the beach until the lifeguards start and until they leave,,,, 08/0900 to 5.

Boca Inlet jetty is closest and is productive. Park at Boca Inlet park.

Pompano Beach is next closest jetty (Hillsboro Inlet) and is great, about a 20 min walk from parking 

Mike

Park just south of the hillboro inlet jetty on 16th street? Can I just walk to beach there no fees, lifeguards? What will be running off south jetty of hillsboro inlet? What lures to use?

Edited by Fishy4335

The only parking to fish the jetty that provides beach access is North Ocean park.

Beaches are free,,,,,parking isn’t .

Bring any assortment of spoons but keep big plugs at home.... never did well with them.

Good luck

Honestly the beach fishing in the winter isnt fantastic, most of the snook are probably way back in the canals this time of year.  You'll probably have a shot at some small bluefish and if youre lucky, some decent sized jacks.    Keep the bluefish and chunk them at night for blacktips which are always around this time of year...but just make sure the beach your on is ok with shark fishing.

Looking at that sharky thread, I would be considering a drive from Deerfield to West Palm if need be...  That looks like a blast.  I have no idea about seasonal migrations, but would imagine some of those would be around Deerfield as well?

Had a few fellows, but nothing really...... I went down to hillsboro inlet parked at 16th and walked up to the south rocks on inlet..... no Jack's, cudas, blues..... had something small put a few sharp scrapes in my soft plastic must have been a small toothed something or other...... they were dredging the Inlet so that did not help much.... a lot of noise and construction.... I left quickly

Some guy fishing bait there said that hes been getting nice 18" bluefish there some Jack's and cudas as well

Are there any big fish in that area? Like red drums? Big Jacks? Snooks?

Seems to me in that area there are only small fish and the big fish are up north.

10 hours ago, levari said:

Are there any big fish in that area? Like red drums? Big Jacks? Snooks?

Seems to me in that area there are only small fish and the big fish are up north.

I am not sure.... I know there are Jack's and Snook because local fisherman have been catching but not sure size..... also 20 inch bluefish

Posted (edited) · Report post

don't give up, throw Bait. fish eat bait all the time, they only have to fall for a lore once and its over. :)

Edited by towpro