Shag

This ever happen to you?

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

My Pex crimper wasn’t in its usual spot. So after tearing apart truck, garage, basement, I had  revelation; I lent it to someone. I see myself handing over the box with all the crimps, and the tubing cutter and saying no rush.  My arm was in the sling and I wasn’t in a rush for anything but to get my right arm back. Very frustrating, anyone know a hypnotist? 

7 hours ago, Shag said:

My Pex crimper wasn’t in its usual spot. So after tearing apart truck, garage, basement, I had  revelation; I lent it to someone. I see myself handing over the box with all the crimps, and the tubing cutter and saying no rush.  My arm was in the sling and I wasn’t in a rush for anything but to get my right arm back. Very frustrating, anyone know a hypnotist? 

Look on the bright side, you're a fortunate guy with a list of friends you'd lend tools to that's too long to remember.  I thought I had it bad never being able to remember which of 3 buildings any particular tool is in.  I've started buying things in threes.

F borrowing, and f friends that don`t return borrowed.

That doesn`t fly with me, I get at it like a loan shark.

Posted (edited) · Report post

7 hours ago, glos said:

F borrowing, and f friends that don`t return borrowed.

That doesn`t fly with me, I get at it like a loan shark.

Agree . If I’m borrowing your tool , I’m returning it ASAP , and cleaner then when ya lent it to me . But In general I aint lending ya crap . Need my tools 

Edited by Wire For Fire

Agreed, if you need something ya might want to head to the "local" HD. Anytime I lend tools, whether to my own crew or even a friend, it never makes it way back on its own. Always have to track the things down like a ****ing bounty hunter looking for a crack-head who skipped parole. Hope those crimpers find their way back to ya!

Posted (edited) · Report post

I lent an excavator to a friend once....

When i went and pulled it off his site ...

TWO years later , the guy had the balls to ask me if he could have it back when i was done with it....he hadnt finished yet , but was close

Edited by riggler

16 hours ago, riggler said:

TWO years later , the guy had the balls to ask me if he could have it back when i was done with it....he hadnt finished yet , but was close

Would of left him a shovel and said have at it , good luck 

On 2/13/2020 at 3:29 PM, riggler said:

Lol you’re too nice. Wtf was he digging for two years?? 

intermittent home improvement projects in his yard.... the guy is a lifelong friend.

I finally went over when i had time and helped him finish so he would stop buggung me...

On the plus side, his neighbor saw what we were up to and I ended up doing sitework for him at his lake house...luckily i made some money there

I am famous for loaning out tools and forgetting who's got them. Now I just write the tool, the date, and the borrower on a slip of paper and stick it on a nail in the workshop near where that tool would be kept.