iputmyhoursin

New Slot Rule 28"-35" I have so many questions

Rate this topic

79 posts in this topic

I've been fishing in line hooks for a few years now. The trick is to use one size bigger than u think. I use vmc. At first I dropped a lot of fish. More than u would think. When I went up a size problem went away. 

So with the comm limit being raised to 35" so there is no fin clipping. Does that mean they can keep a fish up to 35" or any fish 35" and over? Maybe I miss read it, or I'm just a dummy, can anyone clarify focusing on the part where I'm a dummy. Thanks

5 mins ago, StickinLips said:

So with the comm limit being raised to 35" so there is no fin clipping. Does that mean they can keep a fish up to 35" or any fish 35" and over? Maybe I miss read it, or I'm just a dummy, can anyone clarify focusing on the part where I'm a dummy. Thanks

they can keep fish at 35 and over

21 hours ago, iputmyhoursin said:

With the new regs in effect this year the slot limit is 28"-35". What happens if I land a 35.099999" striper on the brink of death after a long fight and it looked like it battered its noggin on the rocks one too many times? There could be endless scenarios with the fish not making it (swallowing a hook, a GWS taking a go at it,seals, inexperienced anglers mishandling the gill plate etc) Are there any exceptions to the regulations?  Am I supposed to release a dead fish even knowing that it's going to be shark/seal bait? I would feel really bummed not to harvest a fish if it would go to waste either way.

There's no exception. I've been over this with a warden regarding gut hooked scup. Besides it's the ocean, nothing goes to waste, something will eat it

21 hours ago, iputmyhoursin said:

With the new regs in effect this year the slot limit is 28"-35". What happens if I land a 35.099999" striper on the brink of death after a long fight and it looked like it battered its noggin on the rocks one too many times? There could be endless scenarios with the fish not making it (swallowing a hook, a GWS taking a go at it,seals, inexperienced anglers mishandling the gill plate etc) Are there any exceptions to the regulations?  Am I supposed to release a dead fish even knowing that it's going to be shark/seal bait? I would feel really bummed not to harvest a fish if it would go to waste either way.

Ummmmm........isn't that the case with every single size restriction on every single species of fish? :)

The correct answer is.........play golf

2 mins ago, ridenfish said:

There are gonna be a lot of big dead  floaters in the fleets this year.

Ain't that the troof.

Doesn't effect anything dead fish in a cooler is still a dead fish.....but the crabbing should be good.

1 min ago, scoobydoo said:

Ummmmm........isn't that the case with every single size restriction on every single species of fish? :)

The correct answer is.........play golf

Great answer!  :point: Getting rid of all my gear, fire sale on the BST forum, Saltigas, stellas SW, FJ and FE are all fair game! Century, CTS and Lami's pennies on the dollar willing to trade for circle hooks

14 hours ago, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

okay who is putting circle hooks on a plug:laugh:

Ummmmm 

There are quite a few that come stock out of the package with circles...nothing new

2 mins ago, capesams said:

You know how many people can't even read a rule/tape measure..it's sad for this day an age.

Or the regulations, and these same people really don't care...…………………..