irishexit

When did GRS Blow Up ?

Rate this topic

50 posts in this topic

Has anyone seen the price of FW swimbaits............

Plastic lures selling for hundreds.

Little squarebill crank baits for 50+

Hell there's a company selling swimbait rods for 2000$

200$ for a striper plug is peasants pee in comparison....... (PS...I don't know what peasants pee really means)

8 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

Has anyone seen the price of FW swimbaits............

Plastic lures selling for hundreds.

Little squarebill crank baits for 50+

Hell there's a company selling swimbait rods for 2000$

200$ for a striper plug is peasants pee in comparison....... (PS...I don't know what peasants pee really means)

Agreed.  The tuna swimbait and popping market also puts the boutique metal lip market to shame.

1 hour ago, bbfish said:

Agreed.  The tuna swimbait and popping market also puts the boutique metal lip market to shame.

And even that has calmed down quite a bit.....

10 years ago you could spend 150$ on a jig...

Have you seen Makilure......I talk about him quite a bit....

1500$ for a lure.....makes a ton of them......shops stock them.............never once have I ever seen a purchased one anywhere.....It's strange....figure 100 people had to have purchased one...they're works of art...the best I've seen....and not one posted a pick dangling one from a rod....or even in hand......makes me wonder.

5 hours ago, Ba Ba Buoy said:

I was just being snarky, I personally don't blame you for any of the ills of society. We are talking about first world problems here, you didn't corner the market on insulin. Many of us did recognize that you were aggressively pursuing GRS plugs on the BST for a long time. Coining the phrase "mine" was funny and we all had a chuckle. It also meant that if others wanted to get a GRS on the bst secondary market, they had to be quick and dispense with the haggling or it would soon be yours. Sellers likely recognized this too! The natural progression is for sellers to raise the prices to see what this hot market will bear. Nobody is accusing you of flipping, but I could argue that you enabled flippers by being so aggressive for so long. There is no blame here, just recognition of one of the many factors of how a plug goes from $30 to $100+ in a relatively short time. All the reasons you stated are completely valid, but you have to admit, you had something to do with the rise in value of Gary's plugs even if it was in a subtle way.

Fair enough, sometimes when people write it's not what they mean 100% the tone.  Your words were "your blame me" and I was responding based on that.  Scooping up a lure often increases interest, but price is based on current demand.  If ones raises their prices and people don't buy into the product it doesn't matter what Jason V or anyone scoops up......If I buy all of Gary's lures at $200 each are his prices going to climb exponentially, I don't think so. 

My bigger question is "what then should he be charging for his lures............?  That's where I think this topic should go and like to hear opinions......because my logic is he's right where he should be for his lures.....