When did GRS Blow Up ?

Rate this topic

irishexit

there was a hot bite of cow bass in a river  where the fish were stacked on the bottom( probably because they were spawning) people needed big plugs that would go deep and the bite lasted a while so the secondary market was flooded with WTB and the value skyrocketed.  They were popular before this but this is when it went crazy. 

Edited by crazybellringer

4 mins ago, irishexit said:

Around when did GRS plugs become so popular and what contributed to it?

Im more than 10 years out of the plug game but I remember guys scarfing up his giant pikies while I was grabbing Leftys. I never got one because I didnt throw plugs that big but I think he sold out way back then. 

The question is how long do you cry when you lose the lure to a fish or by a snapped leader? :point:

"In every species of fish I've angled for, it is the ones that have got away that thrill me the most, the ones that keep fresh in my memory. So I say it is good to lose fish. If we didn't, much of the thrill of angling would be gone." - RB

4 mins ago, iputmyhoursin said:

The question is how long do you cry when you lose the lure to a fish or by a snapped leader? :point:

I was on a epic bite once and had over 20 really nice fish.... I got caught up in the moment and didn’t change my leader knowing it needed to be changed. Hooked up to a biggin and snap.  :waah:

Boston Strong

Just now, Master Debaiter said:

I was on a epic bite once and had over 20 really nice fish.... I got caught up in the moment and didn’t change my leader knowing it needed to be changed. Hooked up to a biggin and snap.  :waah:

Happens to the best of us my friend. I keep my lures to a $20 minimum... $21 if I really like it.

"In every species of fish I've angled for, it is the ones that have got away that thrill me the most, the ones that keep fresh in my memory. So I say it is good to lose fish. If we didn't, much of the thrill of angling would be gone." - RB

22 mins ago, Bdemiri23 said:

I think the Market is taking a turn downward like most of the WTS plugs. I remember people waiting in line for his plugs for a few years now. I have a few and never really did produce for me. 

They aren't a very productive lure...but you can hang a quality fish on them in very specific situations/spots.  Its quality way over quantity with GRS.  If you caught 20 20's-30s in a row with one then the stars, sun , and the moon were aligned perfectly. Go buy a lottery ticket.

26 mins ago, iputmyhoursin said:

Happens to the best of us my friend. I keep my lures to a $20 minimum... $21 if I really like it.

I think you meant maximum. You don't strike me as the type to turn your nose up at a productive $15 plug... that and $21 meets your supposed "minimum" so no need to fall in love with it in the first place.

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."  

~Henry David Thoreau
(member formerly known as MV Bluefish)

3 mins ago, Ba Ba Buoy said:

I think you meant maximum. You don't strike me as the type to turn your nose up at a productive $15 plug... that and $21 meets your supposed "minimum" so no need to fall in love with it in the first place.

Lol yes, long day at the office. you must be one of those GRS sharpies clambellies was talking about :p

I blame it all on JasonV... he scooped up every BST GRS for sale for years with his quick draw "mine." Great guy but a self admitted GRS ho who single handedly drove BigWater plugs way up in value.

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."  

~Henry David Thoreau

1 min ago, iputmyhoursin said:

Lol yes, long day at the office. you must be one of those GRS sharpies clambellies was talking about :p

I'm a pizza and coffee sharpie, catching fish on GRS's, I'm more of a dullard!

~Henry David Thoreau