jason colby

2020 Annual Old Geezer Quincy Flounder Thing

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

55 mins ago, Thunder Rod said:

Jason's talking about that time I was turkey hunting on my property near the power lines and came across the worst turkey-calling hunter earth... 

...or so he thought!

22 hours ago, bob_G said:

Thanks for the generous offer Jason, and I haven't caught a cod in years. But May 11 is the middle of turkey season, and no doubt I'll be  on some remote hilltop around Quabbin calling birds.

Again, thanks for the offer, I'm sure you'll find someone to take my place.

Hey Bob, I hope you reconsider and go. You'll enjoy it. It's an inshore trip, shallow water fishing mostly. Not much transiting. And Jason always gets you on the brown-back flapjacks. He has all the gear and bait you need. Great eating too, (the flounder, not Jason).

I'll be going out the day before on the 10th with Ron Powers and (probably Andy Nabreski) for our annual "Balls of Steel, Mothers Day Flounder" trip. I can pass on a report to you on the results later in the day if you like....

John.

Anyone hear from Mattapoisett (Hilary K)?

I emailed him and left him a voice message as well but have not heard back yet. 

I'm sure someone here "knows something"...

(but will you talk?)

Spoke with Rob and he has indicated that he will part of our trip on Monday I asked him to see if he could get Bob G to change his mind , I can see a bunch of fun fishing my old back yard where I grew up catching them i from the shore line in another time frame .

Jason are you going to be needing heavy weights for your haddock trip and i forget to give you the recent tide charts that I had for you .

Yeah Jason I'm in this year

1 hour ago, jason colby said:

Anyone hear from Mattapoisett (Hilary K)?

I emailed him and left him a voice message as well but have not heard back yet. 

I'm sure someone here "knows something"...

(but will you talk?)

I'm in this year if possible......Been Wanting to do this for a few years.........Thanks for the invite u guys......:)

1 hour ago, robc22 said:

Yeah Jason I'm in this year

I'm in this year if possible......Been Wanting to do this for a few years.........Thanks for the invite u guys......:)

i mean Bob could go with us and catch fish and still see plenty of turkey's:}

36 mins ago, Matt A. Poisett said:

Two birds with one stone, sorta. 

You leave Bird alone!

So we have Mattapoisett, Rob C., HFG, Duxbury Bridge Bob and Carl so far. As I don't get paid for this I can legally have more than my 6 pack requires so we only have 5 so far.  By personal email Carl suggested "Shark Lobster" (Chuck) and I'm game with that (I hear he is pretty gamey). We can still have room for Bob G if he changes his mind and I'll try to invite my friend Armindo (The Portagee Stallion).

"Bird" should be at least 10 or 11 years old this year. How old is that in bird years? 

bird000.jpg

bird061317.jpg

2019bird1.JPG

2 hours ago, Thunder Rod said:

Edit: Meh, thought better of it.... not everyone would appreciate the joke....

tough room,what do i know i'm just a  bait dunkers hanging off some bridge.