Tharsheblows

True Wisdom is Infinite

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

The Pure Wisdom of which Greatness is the foundational  bedrock...."California Caster"...

Throughout history there has always been naysayers & overzealous detractors, those whom felt man would forever leave in darkness, till fire was created, discussions of a spherical earth were considered Rambling of Mad Men, until Hellenistic Astronomy proved otherwise. Boulders weighing 15 tons were moved great distances to build the pyramids. Soon sharpened wooden sticks morphed into iron forged spears. Man looked to the skies in amazement at the effortless flight of a seemingly weightless bird, soon earth was no longer the only planet man could claim to have set his feet upon. Labor intensive crafted books, only to be found in the well-healed manicured hands of the Wealthy Noble Aristocrats, now a mere touch of a keyboard, opens the world of knowledge to those who seek it.

All Great moments & milestones in History, but in a Kaleidoscope of colors ALL pale in abject comparison to "California Caster's"...3,000 POST Milestone!!!....There has been a virtual army of detractors a quagmire of quick sand & mirages, a virtual hiding place, for lying in wait snakes in the grass, a vast insidious library of ill-conceived dastardly plots, Black Hearted vendettas, underhanded payoffs, intricate conspiracies, that would make Water Gate appear like a Girl Scout Cookie Booth, that only by my shear Herculean efforts...I have remained unscathed, Honor & Reputation intact, head held high.

Going forward, I will stridently & without deviation or fornication, continue on my Ulyssesic like journey, NOT tempted NOR lured by the shore bond sirens sweetly singing , only in vain unanswered attempts to lure the Brave "CC" into the jagged rocks of destruction that countless Mariners have fallen prey to & have regretfully become casualties of.

So in closing, I raise a Fine Vintage Glass of French Champagne to celebrate my well deserved Milestone, only to be reminded, that ....Moocks still owes me some DAMN Smoked Salmon...THAT BAST*RD!!!!!!...." It's in the mail"....DAMN Moocks!!!!!....Mark

Fish have NO HANDS!!!....if you're getting bit, it's in the fish's month....SET THE HOOK!!!!!

Some Men are born Great, other men become Great, some men have Greatness thrust upon them, many are desperately seeking a 4th way

Most would follow an established path, rather than blazing one's own trail

I'm still alive, cause you CAN'T kill EVIL

Edited by Tharsheblows

Halibut Trolling Philosophy.....

Halibut are one of the only fish that have to re position themselves when the tide changes. Due to the fact that a halibut positions itself facing into the current with the current flowing OVER it's gill plates. When the tide changes a halibut MUST!!! re position in order to avoid the next tide flooding it's gill plates and killing it. This is when a halibut is most susceptible to being caught. For "Me" the most productive time to catch halibut is 1 hour before the bottom of the low & 1 hour after, with the "slack" being the Best. I troll 90 per cent of the time. Tips for trolling.....Always troll against the tide, this way you present the bait/lure in the same direction a halibut is laying on the bottom, when the halibut goes to strike at your offering, all the halibut has to do is swim forward....trolling WITH the tide, you pull the bait/lure opposite the way the halibut is positioned. The halibut now has to do a 180 in order to pursue your offering. In stained or dirty water this gives too much time for the halibut to lose sight of your bait/lure. I fish the South Bay. The slack is the perfect time to troll deep water "25 to 35 ft". 99 per cent of trollers think that 35 ft is too deep to troll....Wrong....Deep Slack, Spectrum, & 12 ounces of lead will get you down. DON'T LEAVE FISH!!!!, as soon as you get BIT...punch in the GPS.....I do what I refer too as "Corkscrew" the area....Don't leave fish to find fish!!!. ALWAYS use a stinger treble hook & rubber band your baits.....I fish primarily Sardines & inject the stomach cavity with "Scent". Drop back your baits....if you see your rod getting bit.....Resist the urge to instantly "Set the Hook"....instead....feed the "fish" encourage the halibut to shallow the bait...by peeling about 3 to 5 feet of line....the persistent....tap...tap..tap will tell you the halibut is eating. I don't "SWing on a halibut"....let the fishes weight and a super sharp hook set the hook. Leave the "NET" at home.....Gaff in the head....way too much time lost netting. bye the time you get the fish out the tangled hooks & weight. I can rebait be fishing and maybe hooked up. Be perpared...A true halibut feeding period is "SHORT".....Have multipule baits rigged & ready. Don't spend valuable time unhooking the fish....unsnap the leader, get a new bait on and get back in....I have lots more tricks....just can't give them up all at once.....Mark

Fish have NO HANDS!!!....if you're getting bit, it's in the fish's month....SET THE HOOK!!!!!

Some Men are born Great, other men become Great, some men have Greatness thrust upon them, many are desperately seeking a 4th way

Most would follow an established path, rather than blazing one's own trail

I'm still alive, cause you CAN'T kill EVIL

I wish he would come back to the forum.   Lots of knowledge in his head,  especially about Alveys.     I am an Alvey owner and user and have a few questions for him.

Opn4BiQ.jpg?1

12 hours ago, J Adams said:

Hey Moocks where are we?????????

images-1.jpeg

Wouldn't have happened "if" Moocks hadn't placed his metal can of Metamucil next to the vessel's compass!....DAMN Moocks!!!

Posted (edited) · Report post

58 mins ago, Alferd Packer said:

Sock puppet..

Still have that smokewagon I got from you...comes in handy when Moocks tries crowding my spot on the jetty !....DAMN Moocks!!!

Edited by Tharsheblows