Drew C.

Birth Control Glasses

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Holy ****, it's actually enjoyable to wrap small guides. I know I'm getting old but I didn't realize it was that bad. Size 3 snake on a 4wt, without the glasses there would have been a decent amount of cursing and probably several attempts that didn't work.

IMG_7804.jpeg

THese effers got a pic of me with them on at a gathering. I have no problem whatsoever wrapping small guides, I just recieved shipment of 2 rods worth of size 3.5's going on a pair of SC4's

81854010_2856286661082698_2902336876260098048_o.jpg

I can see the need...

I cannot see size A thread. I might hate it less with some BC glasses, 3.0 for me I think

Blue thread Drew? Can't possibly be; I had to get really close to the screen to see or were my old eyes playing nasty tricks?

Posted (edited) · Report post

42 mins ago, ZAFisher said:

I can see the need...

I cannot see size A thread. I might hate it less with some BC glasses, 3.0 for me I think

Blue thread Drew? Can't possibly be; I had to get really close to the screen to see or were my old eyes playing nasty tricks?

Blue it is...

it seriously made a huge different. I wrapped a 6wt fly rod in November. I struggle a bit with the tip end, botched a few and had to re-do. Yesterday was a 4wt and it went well, largely because I could see what I was doing. I didn’t botch any wraps, got them done quickly. 

older and stubborn isn’t the best combo. 

F3B75841-E468-46C9-9E6C-57C2D93DFEEC.jpeg

7CBD7F09-D197-4C8F-8E18-446BA86E0CCD.jpeg

Edited by Drew C.

Damn...………………..I have to take my bi-focals off to see the thread.The eye doctor said,you need tri-focals!!!!!!  Cha-ching! Nope.Even reading the computer screen off come the glasses.

12 hours ago, theshadow said:

Damn...………………..I have to take my bi-focals off to see the thread.The eye doctor said,you need tri-focals!!!!!!  Cha-ching! Nope.Even reading the computer screen off come the glasses.

When my eye doc said I need all 3 - for phones, computer and distance he suggested to try progressive. No, not the insurance. It took me about a month to adjust to those, after 3 weeks I was ready to give up. Now those are my savers.

On 2/13/2020 at 10:20 AM, theshadow said:

I have 2 different prescriptions for different functions. A light pair for reading/rigging/tying, and a second pair that are pretty much just for packing thread. They look ridiculous, but they're nice to have.

16 hours ago, Local66 said:

I have 2 different prescriptions for different functions. A light pair for reading/rigging/tying, and a second pair that are pretty much just for packing thread. They look ridiculous, but they're nice to have.

Back a bunch of years ago I did get a pair of glasses for sitting in front of "the magic box".Then I'd get up from the computer with those glasses and have to go back for the other ones.PIA…….Never mind tying up a hook.