Cascade

Bikers

Rate this topic

40 posts in this topic

9 mins ago, Cascade said:

Thanks that did have me concerned and maybe leaning toward a ladies bike. If I get your drift this would tilt my seat down to make it easier to mount? If yes that could be a home run. My bike's frame is low but the seat sits up high on post to allow for my height. Thanks

9 mins ago, Cascade said:

Thanks that did have me concerned and maybe leaning toward a ladies bike. If I get your drift this would tilt my seat down to make it easier to mount? If yes that could be a home run. My bike's frame is low but the seat sits up high on post to allow for my height. Thanks

I just looked up the the post and saw a demo. Looks good. A sudden "release" could have an effect on the jewelry. Thanks, I think. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Actually, the dropper post is made up of a base post whereby a smaller diameter post which your seat mounts to, and if the lever is squeezed, the thinner post slides down to a pre-specified amount of travel.  Minimum insertion points are usually 100mm into your existing seat tube.  Small bike frames may do best with 100-125mm travel, Med 125-150, and Large and XL 175mm drop.  

You can get nicer posts with a lever actuator that clamps on your left handlebar side, but I don't see a need for that unless you are riding in hilly, technical terrain which necessitates quick actuation of the post.  

I bought 3 of the KS Exa Form from Tree Fort Bikes for older, refurbished mtbs that I use for my Boy Scout merit badge program.  On my personal bikes, I use cable-actuated dropper posts from KS, Fox, One Up, Trans-X, and a Rockshox Reverb that I converted from hydraulic to cable actuation (hydraulic really slows down in cold weather and is no good).  If you win the lottery, you can buy a wireless remote dropper for like $500 LOL.  

Remember to check your existing seatpost diameter as this only comes in 30.9 or 31.6mm.

KS ExaForm Speed Up Hydro Dropper Seatpost, 30.9mm

Edited by staktup
more data and pictures

17 hours ago, beerdoh said:

This works for me on my beach bike. I have a similar setup on a skinny tire bike for the ditch. Just make sure you have 2 kickstands and a way to lock your brakes (hair elastics around the brake lever and handlebar work well).

IMG_0926.jpeg

What/who's is that rack you have on that fat tire bike. I starting to look for one.

50 mins ago, Cpalms said:

Is that a girl's bike?

I don't believe so, though girls bikes are usually preferred on the canal for the ease of mounting and dismounting them in waders.

1 hour ago, CHIEF500 said:

What/who's is that rack you have on that fat tire bike. I starting to look for one.

It's an Axiom Fatliner Rack. It can be had on Amazon for $55. It was the cheapest one I found that would fit my fat bike and has a 110 lb. carrying capacity. Keep in mind it only fits a fat tire bike but if that's what you have, this is a good choice... 

1 hour ago, Cpalms said:

Is that a girl's bike?

Having worked in the bike business I can tell you it is a girls bike. As the previous poster said, girls bikes or bikes with a lower top tube are preferred at the ditch so you don't round house your rods when you swing your leg over. It should be mentioned that Sandbar is most defiantly not a girl...not that there would be anything wrong with that :howdy:

18 hours ago, beerdoh said:

This works for me on my beach bike. I have a similar setup on a skinny tire bike for the ditch. Just make sure you have 2 kickstands and a way to lock your brakes (hair elastics around the brake lever and handlebar work well).

IMG_0926.jpeg

TI fat bike?  Who makes the frame?

3 hours ago, Cascade said:

I just looked up the the post and saw a demo. Looks good. A sudden "release" could have an effect on the jewelry. Thanks, I think. 

Gonna put a billion candle power light bar on it too , right?

Posted (edited) · Report post

6 mins ago, beerdoh said:

Having worked in the bike business I can tell you it is a girls bike. As the previous poster said, girls bikes or bikes with a lower top tube are preferred at the ditch so you don't round house your rods when you swing your leg over. It should be mentioned that Sandbar is most defiantly not a girl...not that there would be anything wrong with that :howdy:

Good to know, I honestly did not know that was a girls bike not being much of a bike guy myself. Its what I used because it's old and beat up in other words perfect for the canal. Now that I've looked at some comparisons I can see the difference in the frames. :th:

Edited by Sandbar1

I have one made out of kids trailer but I don’t have any picsright now......I basically just stripped everything off of it it that wasn’t necessary.....made a platform for the bottom to carry a cooler or whatever else I wanted......and mounted four rod holders to the existing frame.

works great at the canal....

hsvent tried it off-road 

1 hour ago, pakalolo said:

Gonna put a billion candle power light bar on it too , right?

By all means. The areas I plan assaulting love night interlopers. Are you selling any of yours?

1 hour ago, Sandbar1 said:

Good to know, I honestly did not know that was a girls bike not being much of a bike guy myself. Its what I used because it's old and beat up in other words perfect for the canal. Now that I've looked at some comparisons I can see the difference in the frames. :th:

I once saw a guy on a pink Hello Kitty bike built for a 3 year old. He was all business getting his gear out of the car until the bike came out. He didn't look at me after that, just rode off with his knees sticking out on either side. Whatever works...

1 hour ago, ridenfish said:

TI fat bike?  Who makes the frame?

No, it not Ti, it's Cromo. Here's another shot. It's from bikes direct.

IMG_1098.JPEG

5 hours ago, Cascade said:

By all means. The areas I plan assaulting love night interlopers. Are you selling any of yours?

Actually just got 3 new ones here. Arranging shipping today.