Fishinbubs 1953

MIB Ruru's value

12 posts in this topic

Picked these up from Billy's table, when he did Surf Day years ago. Supposedly limited editions and thinking on trading or selling one! Pencil is what i think he called the Emgred Death Machine. TIA Bubs

KIMG0732.JPG.4c74d108e9e4e2214609cecf61b9c149.JPG

KIMG0731.JPG.59f0e630ae3157f387226e7eea65ec2f.JPG

5 hours ago, Fishinbubs 1953 said:

Picked these up from Billy's table, when he did Surf Day years ago. Supposedly limited editions and thinking on trading or selling one! Pencil is what i think he called the Emgred Death Machine. TIA Bubs

KIMG0732.JPG.4c74d108e9e4e2214609cecf61b9c149.JPG

KIMG0731.JPG.59f0e630ae3157f387226e7eea65ec2f.JPG

He was at Berkeley last year.  I didn’t see the jointed’s but I know he had pencils. His prices were all in the $20 range if I remember correctly.  Nice stash

I don't think there's much of a collector's market for his stuff. He's kind of in that Fish On 8 group who makes effective plugs but nobody collects them so the prices never get much above retail. I would say 30-35

1 hour ago, MorningWood said:

I don't think there's much of a collector's market for his stuff. He's kind of in that Fish On 8 group who makes effective plugs but nobody collects them so the prices never get much above retail. I would say 30-35

Thank's Kev, I paid way north of 35 for these (lol) when he had them at SD, i think in 2011 or12 and appreciate your reply! Bubs

16 hours ago, Geo67 said:

I fish RuRu's! Excellent Danny's. Those look too pretty to fish.. lol

I was collecting jointeds back then and when i saw how sweet they looked, i had to buy all three. Bubs 

Billy makes on of my favorite Danny styles for fishing the Elizabeths; well made and expertly finished. And the boxes make for a great vintage feeling touch. He is a great guy to deal with as well.

Dave

3 hours ago, Dave Peros said:

Billy makes on of my favorite Danny styles for fishing the Elizabeths; well made and expertly finished. And the boxes make for a great vintage feeling touch. He is a great guy to deal with as well.

Dave

Wonder where he gets those boxes?