Where would you go

Rate this topic

Poulin

This year was crazy for the amount of species I caught. Jacks, sand trout,sm. Pompano, two types of whitting,bonnet head,black noise,black tip sharks and both catfish,lady fish,Spanish mackerel and lizardfish plenty of sm. Pin fish had to go to fish bites only several days to keep bait on line. The red tide warning was there but it had no effect on the bite. 2018/2019 was a Dead Sea only about six fish caught for two weeks of fishing. Many days 2019/2020 I had to drop down to three rods from six couldn’t keep a line in the water with two people fishing. Now my fishing is limited to how long the family is willing to stay at the beach normal day is 4-6 hours but that’s plenty of time normally.

The west coast i believe south of Sarasota has a ban on keeping fish due to the red tide issue last year.

ive been going to Sanibel in that area for the last five years right around Easter for a week.

fishing has been great, snook, sea trout, jacks, occasional tarpon and a small amount of other fish

3 hours ago, bkupmstr said:

The west coast i believe south of Sarasota has a ban on keeping fish due to the red tide issue last year.

ive been going to Sanibel in that area for the last five years right around Easter for a week.

fishing has been great, snook, sea trout, jacks, occasional tarpon and a small amount of other fish

Gordon’s pass is the cut off no reds or spotted trout north of pass since 2018 and may go until 2022.snook are closed for the year when I’m there yet I always get the snook license. New this year 2019 is the shark test it’s free and takes about a hour. The way I fish for sharks almost all of it didn’t apply to me except for shark I.D part. Let me tell you there’s not much difference between spinners,BlackTip and Blacknose. I have such a hard time fishing at home the fish have no fight. Saltwater fishing is the best