Gilbey

Great Customer Service in This Industry

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

I wanted to share two great customer service experiences I have had very recently with gear. In general, I think the fly fishing industry takes very good care of their customers. It's just nice to see some proof in the pudding :th: !

I exchanged a couple emails with Bob at Colton Fishing about an older 8WT reel that was giving me some trouble. After the tips he suggested didn't fix the problem Bob asked me to send the reel to him. A week later I had a perfectly functional reel in my hand! I have a couple Colton outfits, and they both have spots in my rotation. 

Around the same time I sent a reel back to Ross. The drag and retrieve were sticky. They did require a $30 repair fee when returning the reel for service. I was updated via email when my reel was received, then another when it was repaired and on it's way back to me. I got a hand written note that suggested I clean and dry the reel more thoroughly after each use (guilty as charged) along with a buttery smooth reel with new bearings.

Take care of the customer, and you'll have us for life!

Alan 

X 3 on Bob.  He's been thoroughly outstanding in providing great service and advice every single time I've called. 

Not to derail Colton's excellent customer service, but I would also give a shout out to TFO and Beulah. Both companies have provided prompt & cost-effective service for out of warranty repair (Beulah) / replacement (TFO) of broken rods. 

Thomas & Thomas rods I have a personal relationship with the customer service dept because I build a lot of their rods. They have been most helpful.

Also, Tibor reels have been very helpful. Mudhole rod components another great company. It's very simple. Treat your customers right and you'll have

a successful company . FishHawk

Recently I've had repairs done with both Orvis[reel repair] and Thomas and Thomas[rod repair].Both were very fast and well done.Also,adding to the fly tying and rod building side of things.Bears Den,Tackle Direct,Mud Hole,Bill Keough,The Fly Shack,& Lure Parts on Line had just about everything in stock when ordered.Tackle Direct and a couple of back orders.But,the orders were filled in a few days.I need to add Amazon Prime too.Locally, North Chatham Outfitters,Goose Hummock and Riverview B&T had what I needed too.GEE……………….I might have a problem:banghd:

On 2/10/2020 at 9:11 AM, Gilbey said:

I wanted to share two great customer service experiences I have had very recently with gear. In general, I think the fly fishing industry takes very good care of their customers. It's just nice to see some proof in the pudding :th: !

I exchanged a couple emails with Bob at Colton Fishing about an older 8WT reel that was giving me some trouble. After the tips he suggested didn't fix the problem Bob asked me to send the reel to him. A week later I had a perfectly functional reel in my hand! I have a couple Colton outfits, and they both have spots in my rotation. 

Around the same time I sent a reel back to Ross. The drag and retrieve were sticky. They did require a $30 repair fee when returning the reel for service. I was updated via email when my reel was received, then another when it was repaired and on it's way back to me. I got a hand written note that suggested I clean and dry the reel more thoroughly after each use (guilty as charged) along with a buttery smooth reel with new bearings.

Take care of the customer, and you'll have us for life!

Alan 

I can directly attest that quantum has great customer service, they are replacing a reel for me that had an issue for free with brand new one, no money for shipping or anything out of my pocket, they also let me keep the spool, handle, and few other parts as spares.  They have also in the past replaced a few parts free of charge as well on other reels. 

Froggtoggs on the other hand is complete opposite... not once have I had an easy or satisfying  Experience dealing with their customer service and warranty claim   Department what so ever period between 3 of us who go salmon fishing we have literally had an issue with one are their products at least once a year 3 or 4 years in a row now and only 1 of The Times it has been an easy experience to get them to  If I the issue the rest of The Times it has ended with much dissatisfaction.