willcodfish

should be 28''-34 15/16ths''

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

just doing some proof reading on the new ma. regs...for all species ...says 28'' to less than 35'' for our beloved stripes...meaning 35'' or better is a photo opp.just double check your regs list fellow fishermen ..suck to get **** for a sixteenth of an inch ...tight lines kddies alomost time to get the shoulder sore

28 to 35 is accurate.  

28 through 35 would not be.  

Also, I doubt they're going to have micrometers out there checking! 

3 hours ago, TLap21 said:

28 to 35 is accurate.  

28 through 35 would not be.  

Also, I doubt they're going to have micrometers out there checking! 

wouldnt to 35 mean 35 is good..less than to me means 35 is a  no no..and i really hope they check right down to the 32nd...keep people on there toes...but we all know itll never happen

7 mins ago, willcodfish said:

wouldnt to 35 mean 35 is good..less than to me means 35 is a  no no..and i really hope they check right down to the 32nd...keep people on there toes...but we all know itll never happen

Does anyone think the EPs have a tape measure or ruler capable of measuring to a 32nd of an inch? That's lobster guage stuff.

The way I interpret it, if you can make the fish hit 35”, it’s illegal. Will be funny to see the same guys who step on tails to make them longer, now doing everything in their power to make them shorter.

2 mins ago, bob_G said:

Does anyone think the EPs have a tape measure or ruler capable of measuring to a 32nd of an inch? That's lobster guage stuff.

What they should do is carry around a 35” box. If the fish touches both sides, it’s not a keeper.

1 hour ago, JTR said:

The way I interpret it, if you can make the fish hit 35”, it’s illegal. Will be funny to see the same guys who step on tails to make them longer, now doing everything in their power to make them shorter.

"Oh!  These scissors here are for clipping the pectoral fin!  No waaaaaayyyyy those tail lobes were cut. This fish was 34.5 when I caught it.   I think it puffed up a little bit soaking up all the juice from that bubble weed.  Tail looks funny cos of myco.. that's it!  Myco!"

1 hour ago, JTR said:

What they should do is carry around a 35” box. If the fish touches both sides, it’s not a keeper.

They carry a sliding box that reminds me of what a shoe salesman measures your feet with.

Ask me how I know.  :laugh:

2 hours ago, bob_G said:

i have seen them board a private charter a few tmes with there little shoe measuring slide set up...and im guessing thats pretty close to 1/8'' of being right..so to answer you sir bob of sluggington i believe they just may have one..i'd just be happy to see them walking the ditch once in awhile with a yard stick for god sake..lol

2 hours ago, JTR said:

thats my understanding also...all i did was smoke a blunt and post a fun topic..lol.. didnt think itd be that much to talk about to begin with but thanks everyone

2 hours ago, willcodfish said:

i have seen them board a private charter a few tmes with there little shoe measuring slide set up...and im guessing thats pretty close to 1/8'' of being right..so to answer you sir bob of sluggington i believe they just may have one..i'd just be happy to see them walking the ditch once in awhile with a yard stick for god sake..lol

Do all coastal EPs carry that sliding measuring gizmo, or is there only one and they pass it around?