BrianBM

IRT reels, at the CCC or elsewhere?

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, bob_G said:

I don't plan on any more canal reel purchases. :laugh: Before Ditch Jigger fled the country for Finland, he gifted me his beloved Saltiga. Incredibly generous. I plan on using that reel for the rest of my fishing career.

I love mine...

9 hours ago, bob_G said:

I don't plan on any more canal reel purchases. :laugh: Before Ditch Jigger fled the country for Finland, he gifted me his beloved Saltiga. Incredibly generous. I plan on using that reel for the rest of my fishing career.

I had a chance to handle that reel once.

It was .......well broken in. :th: :)

7 hours ago, Sandbar1 said:

It's like all the guys who fish the ditch with a VS. Is it doable, yes. Practical, no.

275 is fast. 40 IPT

13 mins ago, ged said:

275 is fast. 40 IPT

Your absolutely right however I haven't seen many guys fishing a 275 at the ditch. I'm mainly talking about the guys using say VS 200s, not exactly ideal at 33.5 IPT. It gets the job done but you have to work a bit extra. I've fished a 250 there on occasion but I'd still rather a high end Shimano or Diawa with a smoother, faster retrieve for dedicated ditch work.

1 hour ago, Plug and teaser said:

I had a chance to handle that reel once.

It was .......well broken in. :th: :)

I can only imaging how many fish that reel has seen.

On 2/9/2020 at 10:17 PM, Sandbar1 said:

Your absolutely right however I haven't seen many guys fishing a 275 at the ditch. I'm mainly talking about the guys using say VS 200s, not exactly ideal at 33.5 IPT. It gets the job done but you have to work a bit extra. I've fished a 250 there on occasion but I'd still rather a high end Shimano or Diawa with a smoother, faster retrieve for dedicated ditch work.

My VR175 is 37.5, is not far behind my gosa 8k at 42. TBH i prefer the 175 most of the time, and alot more then my BG5K at 48IPT. I'd agree though that 33 is probably to low for me, but by picking up the speed a little its certainly doable