Ma DMF public hearings

Rate this topic

bob_G

So they are suggesting no rec gaffing at all? Wont affect me, but thats bound to rile up a few ppl. 

Why move the comm opening date back to june 1? So they have a better chance at filling the quota this year? Did they even fill it last year? 

Pfantum Pfishah

2 mins ago, StickinLips said:

So in order to protect the resource the comm season is going to be longer? That seems counter productive imo. I guess as usual money drives decsions

The state is supposed to reduce commercial harvest by 18%.  The 2019 quota was only 67% filled. So this year they want a longer season which could potentially create a larger harvest than last year so no reduction at all. WTF is wrong with these fisheries managers. 

The above rules show some real brain damaged g folks are making up these regulations. I give you the no gaffs for just recreational only, why not for both no gaffs with the same requirements. Eliminating the clip fin is another loser for the resource. as is opening the commercial earlier . Its not over yet, but hopefully when the rules are in stone they will make mode sense then they do now

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association

Life member Cape Cod Canal