R.R. Bridge Fisher

Whats the scoop?

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Mass. Fish and game website says 1@ 28"

Screenshot_20200206-064949_Chrome.jpg

For 2020 or 2019? Its probably too early to update the regs to the slot yet. And although a slot in mass is a near certainty, im not sure its "official" yet.

In the rec. regs. issued by the Marine Fisheries the size limit for stripers is 1 fish between 28" and 35".  That's the 2020 edition I picked up at one of the Sportsmens shows...……….

1 hour ago, b-ware said:

In the rec. regs. issued by the Marine Fisheries the size limit for stripers is 1 fish between 28" and 35".  That's the 2020 edition I picked up at one of the Sportsmens shows...……….

DSC_0561.JPG

DSC_0562.JPG

Posted (edited) · Report post

That must be hot off the presses, because the MA DMF web site still lists the old limit. :beatin:

Edited by bdowning

13 mins ago, bdowning said:

That must be hot off the presses, because the MA DMF web site still lists the old limit. :beatin:

….I don't buy those regs yet, only because MA DMF hasn't even had a Public Hearing on any proposed regulations for this year, i.e., only after public input can they enact regulations unless an Executive Order by the Director.....

4 hours ago, jettyjockey18 said:

just received the email from DMF... public hearings are scheduled for beginning of March... 

Yes, I'm on the listserver also....

8 hours ago, makaha said:

….I don't buy those regs yet, only because MA DMF hasn't even had a Public Hearing on any proposed regulations for this year, i.e., only after public input can they enact regulations unless an Executive Order by the Director.....

Like they give a sh*# what we want. The slot is going to eliminate that last good class that we have left before they even get to spawn. I pray I’m wrong 

2 hours ago, fishcrat said:

Around 50 % of the females spawn by 28";  that is/was one of the fundamental components of the Bass Plan.

So are you saying female bass over 40" are of lesser importance?