albacized

Cod/Haddock - I didn't realize....

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

10 mins ago, albacized said:

Thanks - do you know if they sail during the winter? 

Theres a thread on eastmans in the nh/me forum. They were sailing in jan, presumably still are...

Had a friend on Eastman's today and average was 2 keepers pp, disappointed day.  His comment, "Remind me next year NOT to go on a party boat!!"

2 hours ago, Roccus7 said:

Had a friend on Eastman's today and average was 2 keepers pp, disappointed day.  His comment, "Remind me next year NOT to go on a party boat!!"

like i said go in May and try a 6 pack boat

2 hours ago, Roccus7 said:

That lucky dog managed to pick one of the 3-4 bad days out of the past two months!

20 mins ago, hotfishgirl said:

like i said go in May and try a 6 pack boat

Nah, we'll go out on his boat in May and bail 'em like usual.  He was just going through cabin fever withdrawal fueled by the reports and an accurate wind report of zippo wind.  He's also smarting from deciding to fish instead of coming up to visit me for some clamming and oystering...

Posted (edited) · Report post

Read this Dilbert this AM and it reminded me so much of the GOM's April 1-14, 2021 rec cod season with a lot of bluster about it.  In reality it's an irrelevant event, since very few boats will be ready to participate that early in the season, and the weather can be iffy at best in early April.  But hey, "It's a good deal!!"

5ca9fb7020db0138e21a005056a9545d

Edited by Roccus7

I haven’t been out in years. Back in 2002-2008 we’d go every March in six-pack. A couple of trips we nearly sunk the boat with so much haddock as there was no limit on them. Shallow water and doubles on every drop. And a couple of trips it was mostly market sized cod with a haddock or two mixed in. I’ll take haddock over any fish in the ocean. Such a delicious fish to eat. 

14 hours ago, hotfishgirl said:

try jumping on a boat early may,last year we found them 3 miles from shore,easy peasy shallow water.

3 miles from shore??????

20 mins ago, bassturds said:

3 miles from shore??????

yes three miles out of green harbor.They were there in good numbers for three weeks then vanished in that area and they were harder to find for a month.Then in july they were in the usual offshore spots  but that was a 3 hour ride.