bassturds

Weird winter

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

33 mins ago, bdowning said:

Flicked a tick off me a few days ago.

We did a ten mile hike in December during a warm period. I pulled over 40 ticks of off my dog during and after that walk.

1 hour ago, bassturds said:

I got my first 2 topwater largemouth of the year on Monday. I’m seeing trees starting to bud. Also have seen turtles! 

Wow.  In MA? What bait and what water depth? 

3 mins ago, Aaron Barmmer said:

Wow.  In MA? What bait and what water depth? 

So I was shore fishing a pond down the cape. Not getting anything. I hit it for a while.  So I decided to try out my new topwater swimbait. First cast bam. Got a small bass I was shocked. Then I decided to stay after dark. Caught another on the Ms slammer 9 inch wake bait. Caught this 2.5lber on the last cast 

41 mins ago, bassturds said:

So I was shore fishing a pond down the cape. Not getting anything. I hit it for a while.  So I decided to try out my new topwater swimbait. First cast bam. Got a small bass I was shocked. Then I decided to stay after dark. Caught another on the Ms slammer 9 inch wake bait. Caught this 2.5lber on the last cast 

Damn man that’s awesome. Crazy you got one on the 9” slammer in February!   I live on the outer cape.  I usually don’t start the big bait hunt Intill March. Might have to start now!  Thanks for the in-tell!!

25 mins ago, Aaron Barmmer said:

Damn man that’s awesome. Crazy you got one on the 9” slammer in February!   I live on the outer cape.  I usually don’t start the big bait hunt Intill March. Might have to start now!  Thanks for the in-tell!!

I missed a big fish back in January on a hudd. That one hurt. I never stop tossin big baits unless I’m going deep! I really only toss big baits this time of year in the shallow ponds! 

1 min ago, bassturds said:

I missed a big fish back in January on a hudd. That one hurt. I never stop tossin big baits unless I’m going deep! I really only toss big baits this time of year in the shallow ponds! 

Nice.  Always sucks when you lose a big one after all those hudd casts!  My latest season hudd giant was November 29th a few years ago.... I’ve been hanging up the swimbait stick around Christmas and switching to bait fishing (trout fishing).  Now you got me wondering why lol. Time to switch back to 10 pounder hunt!  Thanks for the hype! 

Hell ya buddy. I’m on a mission for my first 8. I feel it’s going to happen this year.  I’ve hooked them before. My PB is 7.8 on a slammer! 

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, bassturds said:

Hell ya buddy. I’m on a mission for my first 8. I feel it’s going to happen this year.  I’ve hooked them before. My PB is 7.8 on a slammer! 

Damn 7.8 on the slammer must have been epic!  A big one on the slammer is a goal of mine this year!   May the lunker gods bless you!  

F5AD91E7-9495-4844-B493-45506F4FDE89.jpeg

Edited by Aaron Barmmer

Posted (edited) · Report post

59 mins ago, Aaron Barmmer said:

Damn 7.8 on the slammer must have been epic!  A big one on the slammer is a goal of mine this year!   May the lunker gods bless you!  

F5AD91E7-9495-4844-B493-45506F4FDE89.jpeg

Hell ya buddy. Love the rash!  My 2 biggest swimbait bass are on the slammer. 7.8 and 6.13. I got a bunch of slammers. Hope you get your giant slammer bass. 

E45E68F5-B3A2-464A-866E-B28A6B0504F6.jpeg

Edited by bassturds

16 hours ago, Sandbar1 said:

We did a ten mile hike in December during a warm period. I pulled over 40 ticks of off my dog during and after that walk.

Guess i was lucky. This was mostly open woods so that helped. Ticks are a year round thing now. :rolleyes: