Bluetaildragger

2020 NJ Striped Bass Regulations Hearing 2/13

Rate this topic

109 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Ben Lippen said:

Yeah, I don't see any point in that. It's not a limited number of tags AFIK. I sure aint giving this state one more frickin dollar than I have to.

Think it's limited to 27,000 tags

1 hour ago, JimK said:

What is the cost of a bonus tag and is there a limit to how many one can purchase?

Looks to me that you mail in an application with a return envelope and they send you one at no cost. I don't know why you couldn't keep sending them in once the season starts. There is a reporting obligation at the end of the year.

1 hour ago, Bristol Lou said:

Looks to me that you mail in an application with a return envelope and they send you one at no cost. I don't know why you couldn't keep sending them in once the season starts. There is a reporting obligation at the end of the year.

They will make available probably early fall. Usually only get one. Ask u to fill out log of your fishing trips in addition to size of slot u caught and where u caught. Can request another but most likely will not get. As of last year charter/ party boats could swap tags with each other

56 mins ago, Potato Caboose said:

They will make available probably early fall. Usually only get one. Ask u to fill out log of your fishing trips in addition to size of slot u caught and where u caught. Can request another but most likely will not get. As of last year charter/ party boats could swap tags with each other

season starts 5/15 this year  I was looking at how to get a for hire bonus tag and you need to send a copy of captains license I don't know how many they send you

Edited by Bristol Lou

56 mins ago, Bristol Lou said:

season starts 5/15 this year  I was looking at how to get a for hire bonus tag and you need to send a copy of captains license I don't know how many they send you

Correct just saw that. Makes me wonder why always was not available to fall. 

Would someone help edumacate me?  What exactly does a NJ "Tag" look like.  Is it a plastic one that you would put around a fish's jaw and locks permanently like part boats or VA commercial bass tags that I saw in fish markets back at the turn of the century???

Disappointed with the irresponsible TAG decision —- really!!?? We need this?

FOR WHO - FOR WHAT?

Why do we feel the need to exert this option instead of restraint for 2020? ... Go figure.

I attended the hearing arriving @ 1645 and stayed until it was clear there wasn’t enough room in the Stafford Admin building and the public voice on topic of Saxatilis was third or fourth in line... great show of public interest, but disappointing facilities choice and outcome IMO. 

ALL I CAN DO IS CONTINUE TO TARGET THEM HARD FROM SURF & JETTIES AND PUT ‘EM BACK IN —- AFTER WE LOOK EACH OTHER IN THE EYE AND I TELL ‘EM “YOU’RE LUCKY IT WAS ME”!!

On we go....

56 mins ago, Roccus7 said:

Would someone help edumacate me?  What exactly does a NJ "Tag" look like.  Is it a plastic one that you would put around a fish's jaw and locks permanently like part boats or VA commercial bass tags that I saw in fish markets back at the turn of the century???

It’s a metal tag that once you clip on fish cannot be used again. I am not against it because for me it is a perfect size fish for 2 meals without freezing fish which I do not. The problem is boats get boxes of them so technically a single person on party boat can keep 1 slot every day. And boats are allowed to swap between each other