Bluetaildragger

2020 NJ Striped Bass Regulations Hearing 2/13

Rate this topic

109 posts in this topic

Next Thursday, February 13th, the New Jersey delegation of the ASMFC will hold a final hearing on 2020 striped bass regulations.  This will take place at the Stafford Administration Building in Manahawkin.  We all talk a big game on this website and others about the management of this species, and this is an opportunity to be heard by the people who are making the decisions that effect us all.  Hope to see you there

1 hour ago, Bluetaildragger said:

Next Thursday, February 13th, the New Jersey delegation of the ASMFC will hold a final hearing on 2020 striped bass regulations.  This will take place at the Stafford Administration Building in Manahawkin.  We all talk a big game on this website and others about the management of this species, and this is an opportunity to be heard by the people who are making the decisions that effect us all.  Hope to see you there

Theyre not listening to a word youre saying.

15 mins ago, slip n slide said:

especially when no-one shows up...

did you not hear NJ and MD during the ASMFC winter meeting? IT's pretty clear they are gonna try and kill as many fish as possible.  These fish are DOOMED until the feds step in, if they do.

28 mins ago, kurazy kracka said:

did you not hear NJ and MD during the ASMFC winter meeting? IT's pretty clear they are gonna try and kill as many fish as possible.  These fish are DOOMED until the feds step in, if they do.

Yes, that’s undoubtedly what they’re trying to do.  But I will never understand people trying to shoot down those who are doing their best to stop them.  My main goal would be to cut the bonus tag program, and that is why I will be there.  Think what you want and do what you will, but why discourage those who are trying? 

Posted (edited) · Report post

There are at least 5 conservation equivalency proposals on the table for nj. enough to make your head spin. most states have accepted the 28-35" slot, for better or worse. but not nj (or md). :shrug:

Edited by bdowning

5 mins ago, bdowning said:

There are at least 5 conservation equivalency proposals on the table for nj. enough to make your head spin. most states have accepted the 28-35" slot, for better or worse. but not nj (or md). :shrug:

Maybe stop the bunker slaughter too.  No bait = No fish

11 hours ago, slip n slide said:

especially when no-one shows up...

If they cared at all what we thought, wouldn't it

be pretty easy to put up an online poll/vote? If

they cared one bit about healthy fish populations,

would we even be having this conversation? Hasn't 

the process in place proved over and over, without

a doubt,its a question of money.?

Just now, yosco said:

If they cared at all what we thought, wouldn't it

be pretty easy to put up an online poll/vote? If

they cared one bit about healthy fish populations,

would we even be having this conversation? Hasn't 

the process in place proved over and over, without

a doubt,its a question of money.?

You can say that if we actually put up a fight and they still shoved it down our throats anyway.  But the truth of the matter is that we all can be keyboard warriors all we want, but no one who matters is reading this stuff.  Our resistance to their bs is minimal to non-existent, and that is why they do as they please 

10 hours ago, Bluetaildragger said:

Yes, that’s undoubtedly what they’re trying to do.  But I will never understand people trying to shoot down those who are doing their best to stop them.  My main goal would be to cut the bonus tag program, and that is why I will be there.  Think what you want and do what you will, but why discourage those who are trying? 

When u get the microphone, please yell about the

beach replenishment so that mess will b stopped

also. Wish u the best. Wear your waders so that they

no u mean bidness.