Chris long

Orders from China. Should I cancel them due to the corona virus?

Rate this topic

74 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Chris long said:

I actually just bought the Avet SX 5:3:1 left hand.  Love the reel and got a good deal at 165.00 never used   

So you went with an Avet SX and not the Speedster 16 or you getting both? Two entirely different animals  

5 hours ago, J Adams said:

So you went with an Avet SX and not the Speedster 16 or you getting both? Two entirely different animals  

Wound up just going with the Avet.  I couldn’t pass it up at 165 brand new outa box.  Still a real nice reel for what I’ll be using it for.  But I’m def gonna sane for the speed master.  What model Do you reccomend? . The 12 or 16? Or even another? 

Posted (edited) · Report post

14 hours ago, Chris long said:

Wound up just going with the Avet.  I couldn’t pass it up at 165 brand new outa box.  Still a real nice reel for what I’ll be using it for.  But I’m def gonna sane for the speed master.  What model Do you reccomend? . The 12 or 16? Or even another? 

The 12 and the 16 are the same exact reel with the 16 having a larger line capacity. You still get 40 lbs of drag pressure on the 12 so it depends on what you intend to do with it. 

Edited by J Adams

9 hours ago, J Adams said:

The 12 and the 16 are the same exact reel with the 16 having a larger line capacity. You still get 40 lab's of drag pressure on the 12 so it depends on what you intend to do with it. 

I got ya.  Thanks. 

4 mins ago, Chris long said:

I got ya.  Thanks. 

Also I forgot to mention that as of now the speedmaster reels only come in the 12 and 16 sizes unlike the Talica's which go 8,10,12,16,20,25,50. I'm sure they'll add more in time depending on their sales. 

On 2/7/2020 at 8:05 PM, Pierce said:

Meanwhile, in Hong Kong.IMG-20200208-WA0004.jpg.b8437cba9c54374def35ef7da412af89.jpg

IMG-20200208-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20200208-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20200208-WA0006.jpg

Do my eyes deceive me....a chinese girl with a booty??

Guys, while I'm going to maintain my position that orders from China are low risk, I'm going to move off my initial posts/position that it's "No risk."  

My girlfriend works for a very prominent garment manufacturer HQ'ed here in NY.  The fact that a company as responsible and non-reactionary as they are is moving on this is compelling to me.  They just issued the following direction:

"Starting tomorrow any package that we receive from China (please see the below list) will be set aside in a locked closet for 4 days to quarantine from the Cornavirus."

China Factories:

Kent

Li & Fung – Chinasilk

MGF - Senchuang