Chris long

Orders from China. Should I cancel them due to the corona virus?

Rate this topic

76 posts in this topic

Omg. Hilarious Sh@$!!!!!!  Brian BM, Hobobob and heavy hook had me on the f-in floor!!!!! The mail ride took the cake though!!!! Good stuff!!!!! 

If u really catch a virus through air mail, u be the first of its kind and u be able to name the NEW virus. 

Make a cool name for the virus, something related to fishing lol.........

We aldy got a virus that name from a BEER.

This is what happens when people buy into the media's fear and hype......its kinda funny in a sad way actually.

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, Sandbar1 said:

This is what happens when people buy into the media's fear and hype......its kinda funny in a sad way actually.

you are aware that during the busiest holiday on the planet.....cities larger than NYC are quarantined, sheltering in place....and china is asking for help.....

there is  a cruise ship that had 10 infected some asymptamatically so.

The reported rate in which infected are hospitalized in critical condition is around 15%....and cases are now spreading after leaving mainland china.

China under reports deaths of certain ailments if the death is a result of secondary complications.....IE...show up with the flue...die of MRSA....you get logged as a MRSA death...

That's all facts..no hype....and I can't recall anything close in my lifetime equaling what's gone on in the last 2 weeks.  *had a dead crow on my property during that west nile scare

( There are lots of ???s regarding the accuracy of numbers....Lots of intelligent folks talking about numbers  being off my 10x floating around.....and I don't think anyone things it's far fectched)   There are some very strange videos out there that look legit.......and really look like some The Walking Dead type ****...

Edited by scoobydoo

40 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

you are aware that during the busiest holiday on the planet.....cities larger than NYC are quarantined, sheltering in place....and china is asking for help.....

Countries with robust institutions in place will probably be fine, but within China...this is without a doubt a once in a generation crisis if not worse. Their system is woefully unprepared to deal with an epidemic of this scale. Ditto many southeast Asian countries...

The economic ramifications are already being felt around the world. Imo, if they can't contain it soon (and I see no evidence they have the capability to stem the tide), the political ramifications for the CCP is real. It wouldn't be a stretch to say there could very well be some serious chaos in store for China in the near future. 

Wow!!! I just watched that video you posted Scoob and omg this sh@& is Real!!! I had no idea how bad it truly is over there!! That video needs to be seen by everyone so they can truly put this thing into perspective. The fact that we know nothing of this is pretty scary. This virus possibly could have been dormant for however long for all we really know. And I wonder if so, how many people flew from their to here infected and didn’t know. As such a nation of production it’s hard to understand how they are so unprepared or unable to get a grip on it. Thanks for the vid and opening my eyes to it.  Never thought it was quite that bad.  That was Scary!!! 

SARS is the nearest precedent, but I think it's the origin of the disease in China that frightens people more than the numbers. Mortality is low, and the risks are greatest with elderly people with impaired immune systems and chronic health problems. (Hmmmm ... that's kinda me.) Each season's flu variation kills more people by far, both in the USA and abroad, than this latest coronavirus is likely to do.

I do think that this will become endemic. There are more than a million Chinese expats working in Africa, in various capacities, and sooner or later one of them will bring Corona 2020 to a country with no functioning public health system. There are almost as many Africans in China, largely doing scut work that Chinese are now unwilling to do. They travel home often. So Corona 2020 WILL become established not only in Africa, but in many places. Venezuela's public health system has collapsed. SW Asia (India, Pakistan, BanglaDesh) ... who knows?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Its reported the virus cant live outside of a host for more then 6 hrs ... the trip from china should kill it. then you have customs, you can always mist your packages with a bleach mix

Edited by nfnDrum

"Recent announcements from Chinese officials and German doctors suggest that some patients may spread 2019-nCoV during its incubation period, which may last up to 14 days before symptoms emerge."

2 hours ago, Cabo2005 said:

We do a boat load of business with China.  We haven't cancelled any orders.

Cabo

you're gonna kill us all damnit!!!!!!!

It's time to double down and boycott China....oh wait we won't be able to buy ****.  

We could send them a beer.

7A45D5ED-756A-439D-A8E1-C518769517FD.jpeg

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 1:28 PM, Chris long said:

Hey all,  looking for opinions on what you would do. I’ve got two reels coming from China right now. They’ve co ya fed me and said they were gonna be delayed due to the outbreak.  Am I a complete idiot to not cancel them? Could something like that travel they the mail system? I’m planning on canceling for the well being of my family.  But the selfish side, or better put, “my true love to fishing”. Lol!! Is hesitating on canceling. What are your thoughts.  I’m gonna do the right thing of course but just interested to hear everyone’s opinion about it. Thanks.  
cl 

so,what did you do?

HH