LB

Fishing the outflow in Lacey

Rate this topic

92 posts in this topic

Is the outflow dead now that the plant is out of operation, l haven't been there in the last 3 years but went last week didn't look right area to clean and not a soul around one kayaker down from rt 9  overpass fishing gave me the thumbs down, never fished it really hard but a place to go during the winter?

Plant is in decommissioning so no warm water is coming out. The current temp as of 1:30 PM on 2/5/2020 at the discharge is 44.1 degrees. You might find some perch around there.

3 mins ago, fishingnuke said:

Plant is in decommissioning so no warm water is coming out. The current temp as of 1:30 PM on 2/5/2020 at the discharge is 44.1 degrees. You might find some perch around there.

So l guess the winter bass days are a thing of the past, thanks for the info. l can still test homemade plugs there.

19 mins ago, DragonsLax48 said:

Im going to tell my kids that this is what we caught at the plant

2E48C67200000578-0-image-m-31_1447114400618.jpg.92e8dc09b89ea4e445222966572c106d.jpg

Good night vision

Posted (edited) · Report post

Bass days are over at the creek.  Back in the day some bigguns were pulled out of there, in recent years larger fish did not return leaving the creek to be filled with schoolies. Majority of the out of towners gravitated to the easy access areas where tangles, snags and arguments were common as was the trash that took dozens of industrial size bags to clean up.   Lesser navigable spots were quiet and scenic and it was not uncommon to have 100 fish nights.  All of that is over now. 

Edited by fishless

I remember when there was not a soul to be seen there.  then a certain group found out the access and it was sadly the beginning of the end...  

3 hours ago, bayyaker54 said:

If it’s a creek flowing into a bay, wouldn’t it be closed to Striper Fishing till 3/1 anyway.

What’re you? a cop?

16 hours ago, Gully said:

I remember when there was not a soul to be seen there.  then a certain group found out the access and it was sadly the beginning of the end...  

Those were the days.  Literally (in ever sense of the word) it was the example of what can happen when social media and fishing meet. 

I learned a lot while fishing at the plant including bucktailing, pencil popping in heavy current, needlefish, and how to cast with my opposite hand.

Some giants were hooked, some big fish were landed, hundreds maybe thousands were caught.

10 hours ago, fishless said:

Those were the days.  Literally (in ever sense of the word) it was the example of what can happen when social media and fishing meet. 

The downfall was just before the social media explosion. But it was right when cell phones and fishing crossed paths in the early days.. 

8 mins ago, Gully said:

The downfall was just before the social media explosion. But it was right when cell phones and fishing crossed paths in the early days.. 

Everyone sits by there cell phone waiting for the call, seen that to offend when things pick up out comes the phone they get a call and run of the beach.