CWitek

Conservation equivalency under fire at ASMFC Striped Bass Management Board meeting

Rate this topic

369 posts in this topic

3 mins ago, Drew C. said:

NJ guy I assume ?

No, MD.  Total charlatan, a disservice to the legitimacy to the existence to ASMFC!! 

9 mins ago, Roccus7 said:

No, MD.  Total charlatan, a disservice to the legitimacy to the existence to ASMFC!! 

No, Nowalsky is NJ.  He’s trying to get more fish right now.

2 mins ago, CWitek said:

No, Nowalsky is NJ.  He’s trying to get more fish right now.

That’s what I figured.   

NJ, never met a fish they didn’t want to kill. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

And NJ pulls a rabbit out of its hat, convincing the ASMFC to allow it to develop a slot with a 40” top end, which might only reduce NJ mortality by 18% rather than the 43% that would have resulted from the previously-approved 29-35” slot.

Which now has NY looking at a 30-40” slot, at least for its for-hires.

Edited by CWitek

Not the most popular solution but how is this. Close the entire east coast down. We have solid data that shows not fishing worked quite well before.

Edited by nfnDrum

6 mins ago, CWitek said:

And NJ pulls a rabbit out of its hat, convincing the ASMFC to allow it to develop a slot with a 40” top end, which might only reduce NJ mortality by 18% rather than the 43% that would have resulted from the previously-approved 29-35” slot.

Which now has NY looking at a 30-40” slot, at least for its for-hires.

unbelievable. Are we trying to conserve the fish here or the wallets of those that profit off their harvest?

Solid job to the people at the ASMFC... They really need to go, every single one of them.

5 mins ago, Drew C. said:

unbelievable. Are we trying to conserve the fish here or the wallets of those that profit off their harvest?

Solid job to the people at the ASMFC... They really need to go, every single one of them.

The NY proposal fails, as did a proposal for RI, CT and NY to all have a 30-40” slot.

So we essentially have a uniform 28-35” slot on the coast, except in New Jersey and MAYBE Rhode Island, which proves once again that NJ is special.

Edited by CWitek

1 min ago, CWitek said:

The NY proposal fails, as did a proposal for RI, CT and NY to all have a 30-40” slot.

So we essentially have a uniform 28-35” slot on the coast, except in New Jersey and MAYBE Rhode Island, which proves once again that NJ is special.

Somewhat good on that. I wish the rest of the states would give NJ a good ol' fashioned blanket party at one of these meetings. Everyone else does their part except NJ...

Thanks for the updates!

1 min ago, CWitek said:

...which proves once again that NJ is special.

Oh, they're special all right, a special sort of conniving and deceit.  They must have scandalous photos of everyone on the council..

Thank God I got out of that state as soon as I graduated HS...

7 mins ago, Roccus7 said:

Oh crap, here goes NJ Adam again trying to avoid accountability...

It's truly amazing how systemic the bull**** is there.