HanoverStriper

Bass out for Vineyard derby

Rate this topic

51 posts in this topic

37 mins ago, Aaron Barmmer said:

I don’t fish the canal but I know that the pocher red neck googans are outnumber by the real deal anglers that will speak up!   If I see anything going down on the outer cape Where I live and fish then it will be ugly! Say bey bey to all your gear! 

Put the mass EPO phone number on speed dial in your phone. 800 632-8075. I'm absolutely for calling guys out but sometimes the best solution is alerting the proper authorities. Try to get picture or video evidence, license plate numbers, vehicle descriptions, descriptions of the guys, etc. Anything to aid the EPO's when (and if) they do arrive.

2 hours ago, captahab416 said:

OTW needs to make the tourney C&R its 2020 and everyone has a cellphone. Problem solved everyone wins including das fish. 

It was changed to C&R last year. You just submit photos and a length. 

OTW's "Striperless Cup" Tournament

I think the Derby's leadership is impressive. The OTW folks should be thinking hard on their tournament. I've been a subscriber since practically their first issue, hauling boxes of past issues around and even published an article in it,  but been unimpressed by their lax editorial line on the fishery (although there has been a pulse the past few years).

Now we are at a point where the fish need help and, as we saw yesterday at ASMFC, they stumble around and NJ gets its conservation equivalency and bonus fish crap, all in the name of profit.

IF OTW does not take action to eliminate killing bass, I'm canceling my subscription. You can profit on my passion, but if you do not act to preserve it then what exactly is your business model? They could be a huge voice for positive change, just look at their subscription level now and what they could mobilize. But if they do not act to prevent further abuse, they don't deserve my time.

And yes, I submitted comments to ASMFC. I gave $$ to Stripers Forever. And I vote. How about you?

And while I applaud C&R we all know it results in killing fish. My thought here is that OTW should use its tournament AND its publication to promote saving this fishery and creating  adequate enforcement. I confess I'm not a big tournament guy but I would celebrate with them this year if they just hosted a big party and educational forum on protecting our fishery.

On 2/3/2020 at 5:04 PM, Aaron Barmmer said:

A debate in a 36 member committee lol.  What a joke!   I will show you a debate! F your tournament! 

Aaron, tell us how you really feel!

5 hours ago, BarryW said:

OTW's "Striperless Cup" Tournament

I think the Derby's leadership is impressive. The OTW folks should be thinking hard on their tournament. 

Last year it was 100% C&R.  I think they already thought hard about the tournament.

Interesting to see that so many people didn't know the striper cup changed or that they always had a C&R division.

New England Kayak Fishing did it's 15th tournament last year, every one has been catch photo and release.  Talk about leading the way!

There's just no need for kill tournaments with measuring devices and smart phones.

I've been telling The Ma DMF that the striper population is being hurt since I started seeing the signs in 2006 or 2007. That coupled with the draggers off Virginia and North Carolina dumping thousands of large, dead bass overboard every day added up quickly. Meanwhile Mike Armstrong, the DMF Assistant Director was telling me for year when he was cranking up the commercial quotas in Ma. that "I don't know what I'm talking about". "It's just my imagination". OR (my favorite) "If there is a problem, it's only in the area I am fishing"...(same thing they are saying about the winter flounder!).

19 hours ago, Aaron Barmmer said:

People need to speak up!   If I see anyone keeping big fish I’m gunna call them out! And I will be ready to throw hands!!!! Knock a mofo out! 

You better be packin more than your fist if you are going to confront folks at the Canal. Been some gang members down there for the past few years.  Good luck with that. 

Hey, maybe the next John Wick can have a fight scene on the CCC riprap.

The thing I like best about John Wick's shooting is that no matter how many magazines he grabs from people he just shot, they all fit perfectly. In JW #2, The Bowery King gives him one magazine with seven rounds for his Kimber .45. He then shoots his way through 15,000 baddies, more or less, grabbing their pistol magazines as they fall. Not one magazine fails to function.

That's marvelous.

23 mins ago, BrianBM said:

They'll back off as soon as they see he's packing a VS.

Beat em down with your broomstick jigging pole.  5 or 6 ounces of lead on a 10' lever has gotta count for something.

I can picture it;

"Yes, your honor that is the man who assaulted my client, who is a hardworking, honest commercial fisherman"

"For your consideration here is the defendant's posting history on the radical right-wing ecoterrorism website "Strippers Online" calling for and threatening violence."