North Port/Port Charlotte Canals!?

Rate this topic

Fishy4335

I will be going to port charlotte and staying at a 55+ residence with a family member.... behind the residence is a canal that has very greenish water.... the canal actually ends in the back close to where we will be.... are there any fish in these deep back canals? There does not seem to be a big push of water in and out on the tides!

Not sure about those canals specifically but there are a lot of places to fish in that general area if you have a car.

You are just a dirty, smelly fisherman. If a hot girl is making eye contact with you, she is probably a hooker.

1 hour ago, Fishy4335 said:

Like? Will be on land not boat

I would find some spots along the Peace river... and also check out the southern most point of Gasparilla Island State Park

You are just a dirty, smelly fisherman. If a hot girl is making eye contact with you, she is probably a hooker.

I dont know about "this time of year".... check youtube. There is a lot of life in there and probably plenty of spots you can access

Best Place to go is Fishin Franks.

Best tackle shop in Florida.

4425D Tamiami.

Corner of Edgewater drive.

Get your bait license if you need it and tips from the best.

Salt water canals should have mangroves,black drum, jacks.

shrimp freelined or under a popping cork should work.

Check Franks website  fishinfranks.com

Lots of great info there.

On 2/3/2020 at 7:20 PM, Fishy4335 said:

I will be going to port charlotte and staying at a 55+ residence with a family member.... behind the residence is a canal that has very greenish water.... the canal actually ends in the back close to where we will be.... are there any fish in these deep back canals? There does not seem to be a big push of water in and out on the tides!

What neighborhood?  Rotonda is landlocked- lots of exotics for freshwater fun/ South Gulf Port has a lock that can get you to the ICW, the canals have everything - snook, trout, reds, small tarpon, even largemouth way back 

2 hours ago, Jbh92885 said:

What neighborhood?  Rotonda is landlocked- lots of exotics for freshwater fun/ South Gulf Port has a lock that can get you to the ICW, the canals have everything - snook, trout, reds, small tarpon, even largemouth way back 

I am in El Jobean right now... all I seem to see and find are small catfish and giant mullet.... i hve been fishing off canals of mayakka river..... I could jve sworn I saw two baby redfish swimming by me on a flat I waded out to but nothing would go for my lures- small paddle tails in green and wonder bread and tiny swimmers

Edited by Fishy4335