PeterJ

Trail Cam Recommendations?

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, MikeMc said:

I do not pay them one red cent. :D 

I could, and probably would, if I went over the 100 pics a month during hunting season. 

$4 a month gets you 250 pics, $7 gets 1000 pics, $10 is unlimited. 

Thats cool how much for the camera? 

I've had a few, and several times I've given wildgame innovations a shot as my budget is usually tight for anything I.. (now, now,  no ranting here about your home life...)  
anyway... they suck.   they start out not very good, and then die on you in a season or two.    Just stay clear of those, I don't care how good the price looks.

3 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Thats cool how much for the camera? 

I paid $129 for mine, iirc.

3 hours ago, Eagles Dare said:

$100 at Dicks right now. That's a deal!

I might just buy another one at that price. 

57 mins ago, MikeMc said:

I paid $129 for mine, iirc.

I might just buy another one at that price. 

It's pretty tempting. I'm thinking of grabbing one too. Do you know if you can turn off nighttime mode and only have it take daytime pics? 

I'm probably just paranoid but with my old cams that used "white" or "red" LED's for night vision, it seemed like I never got an individual buck's night pic more than once. Assumed the light was spooking them as I did often get multiple instances of daytime pics. So I'd probably only have them active during the daylight hours. Saves on batteries too, although these seem to have great battery life anyway.  

1 hour ago, burkie said:

And I found out it was me eating the veggies

and the donuts, cookies, candy bars, ice cream ect………………………………...

On 2/3/2020 at 6:57 AM, Eagles Dare said:

I've had the best luck with Browning cams. I'm partial to running it in video mode, and prefer the undetectable black LED's for nighttime pics / videos. The Brownings excel at both. 

Which model brownings? I guess I'm in the market also. I have a cabelas gift certificate and looked at them for the black leds.

22 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Which model brownings? I guess I'm in the market also. I have a cabelas gift certificate and looked at them for the black leds.

I got mine at the end of 2017 - Browning® Spec Ops Platinum 16MP Trail Camera. They were $99 each. Looks like the current version is 20MP and the price is jacked up to $189. I should've bought a couple more of the $99 ones back then.  :laugh:

I did just buy their cell version "Defender". Lists for $299 but I had Ebay Bucks and a seller there was @ $245 so I paid just over $200 out of pocket. Put it out yesterday in a low signal area. Not sure it's sending the pics it should yet but I did get this one 2 hours after hanging it.

IMG_0015.JPG