Steve_M

Rod building work shop

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

On 4.2.2020. at 1:25 PM, Billy 40 said:

March 21. E-mail me at xlrods@yahoo.com and Ill send the event info. I've got aout 20-25 signed up already, and plan to get a few more at the ICRBE SHow in a couple of weeks

Billy, what`s your opinion on butt cap relevance beside serving as counterweight on spinning rods.

I am of opinion that metal is best option not only because it is sturdy and best to look at, but also because when used in jigging it helps with vibrations getting thru to the hand.

If you can advise me on some articles where it is mentioned it would be nice.

I`m trying to explain to these serb fishos, that it doesn`t end when it gets past the point of holding the rod. The vibration and parts interaction.

You think I`m trolling you, and I`m not.

Here, I`ve been advised:

I would say exposed butt with a small hard EVA knob on the end. Additional mass will dampen anything that comes through the rod.
Have a look at all of the high-end Japanese slow jig rods, they all use this configuration.

Word of warning, rods set up like this are extremely easy to snap off at the butt if left in a rod holder.

Still got some resevres, since every single extra gram is avoided, in the industry.

And that is no good tendency.