flylikabird

60 Minutes Wildlife Show

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

a bigger boat!

Bill Whitaker got to go on a tagging exposition with the old Outdoor Channel fishing show Go Fisch guys from Cali for some White Shark grab a$$ with Chris and Brett.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/shark-sighting-great-white-shark-devours-seal-researchers-show-how-sharks-are-tagged-in-60-minutes-report-2020-01-19/

Also featured in the expose was resident shark guru....aka The Great White Shark Whisper Greg Skomal. 

Anybody else DVR it or see it a couple weeks back (01-19-20).   Definitely worth a look if you fish Cape Cod or New England waters in general.  These ain't your dad's waters anymore.  

This show was really cool with other wildlife segments including the wolves of Yellow Stone.   

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-return-of-wolves-to-yellowstone-park-60-minutes-2020-01-19/

60 minutes.....

Cape Cod is now one of the world’s white shark “hot spots.” Scientists are attaching electronic tracking tags to as many sharks as they can.

I vaguely recall them doing shows on the Outdoor Channel or the four letter'd sports channel that will not be named many moons ago and they tag themselves as Cali guys.   

Personally I don't give a rats azz where they're from.   If it's YOU TAH!  Then bully for them!   

Seriously I don't care.   I'll will say they've been working hard at their craft and it shows.   

Zero disrespect to Chris, Captain Brett and their crew.  Kudos!  

I just found and watched on ondemand.   It was pretty good. I didn’t realize their were so many great whites up in Nova Scotia.  I used to like the Fischer’s old show where they lived on their yacht and fished the world. I think it was called Offshore Adventures. It was a good Saturday morning show. 

3 mins ago, z-man said:

I just found and watched on ondemand.   It was pretty good. I didn’t realize their were so many great whites up in Nova Scotia.  I used to like the Fischer’s old show where they lived on their yacht and fished the world. I think it was called Offshore Adventures. It was a good Saturday morning show. 

Yeah I remember that one too. I met him one time in Park City, Trustie with more money than sense.

2 hours ago, MakoMike said:

Yeah I remember that one too. I met him one time in Park City, Trustie with more money than sense.

I’ve never met him but he seems like a pretty smart guy. Smart enough to make a career out of doing what he loves and doing it with his family and friends. Also helping to do research for sharks along the way isn’t too bad either. 

On 2/1/2020 at 10:32 PM, Eagles Dare said:

He was a member here for a bit before dickish comments like the one above ran him off.

I sent him a PM here about any future trips in New England and he actually replied quickly and was very personable.

On 2/1/2020 at 10:32 PM, Eagles Dare said:

He was a member here for a bit before dickish comments like the one above ran him off.

It’s how it is with most north east guys more mouth than sense.