Matt7082

Belleville Pond/ Ryan Park

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Anybody know anything about this spot in North Kingstown/Wickford? I just moved to RI and looking for some bass spots. I don’t wanna know any of your secrets or honey holes. Just want to know if it’s worth my time. Feel free to reply here or via PM. Thanks! 

that was the 1st pond I use to fish ,in the spring .

I really enjoyed that place . but they kept making restrictions  from big outboard turnament . 

1st the canoe . with a trolling motor  . then  we upgrade to a F/W 14' tin rig w/ a 8HP  .

then it went backwards / the last I heard it was down to electric or  man power , then a guy told me no electric / don,t know on that .

they fixed the place up with fields , walking paths & a walking bridge .&&&&&  then the trash  came with it .

But we had fun ……….. some huge yellow perch & crappie , BuT years ago , the 1st few times we fished it .we casted for what felt like hours  into the bombs exploding in the pads  only to score zero ……….finally . [lightbulb]            herring spawning in the pads . that,s was when there were a ton of the ………….. it was fun back then …………. now the state takes down the dams …& the spawns are filling in the pond & lakes & the osprey & FYUUO Camoronts  .. are the SEALS of the freshwater slaughter .  oh well   still have memories ><<><

Have fished there many times, got one of my biggest RI bass there. Lots of pickerel, crappie, perch, also. Have to fish it early in the season as it weeds up terribly later in the year. The secret lake side is fun w fake frogs on the Lilly pads

Posted (edited) · Report post

Years ago there was a boat rental there that worked great for me before I bought a Jon boat.   Some nice bass and a lot of pickerel.   I haven't fished there in a long, long time.   +1 on the weeds.

Edited by Dennis R

On 1/31/2020 at 9:00 PM, Kooky said:

Have fished there many times, got one of my biggest RI bass there. Lots of pickerel, crappie, perch, also. Have to fish it early in the season as it weeds up terribly later in the year. The secret lake side is fun w fake frogs on the Lilly pads

Can I launch a kayak from the road in Secret Lake?