Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve in Mass

Sorry, Eelman, couldn't resist!

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Did someone say "Tweak"?

Hey, Bill, after reading about your shattered spine, I wasn't gonna do this, but hey, what the hell, you started it! tongue.gif Seems to me, you sometimes forget what you write. I know, I know, this first passage was all in good fun, but really, which is it? On August 24, you wrote:

"I have several in the thirties this year also a 42lb fish and yes, I am the best there ever was No one could even shine my shoes!! Inside you deeply admire my fishing ability, don't you!! In fact you would most likely love the chance to fish with someone of my ability It makes me feel good to "tout" my fish landed!! I like to spread publicly how good I am. I am shelfish, childlike, egotistical, biggoted, bullyish, numero uno!! I always have to be the best, I always have to catch the most fish and the largest fish, I'm not friendly and I have no friends. No one likes me, I wonder why? All I do is catch the most and biggest bass?? What crime is that?? So what? I stomp my feet like a baby when someone out-fishes me (and they better savor the flavor cause it don't happen often) If they out-fish me then they are not a friend of mine anymore, that's the penalty to be paid!! I have a megalomaniac complex, I always need a pat on the back, I want respect but, don't want to give any in return!! Have I missed anything?? If I have please speak up!! I'm the guy they "love to hate"

Oh Ya! But I'm really a nice guy you know!"

Ah, but alas, you forget that on July 31 your words of wisdom were:

"I think the point, for me anyway is, I have done all I ever personally wanted to do fishing wise. All the goals I set for myself, I have achieved. Another 30lb fish here or there isn't an absolute necessity!! Know what I mean?? I like to fish now for the fun and, I release all that I catch, I have my 50lb fish and that's all I ever wanted. I do not sell fish anymore either, having that license also drove me to fish hard to get my sellable fish every night!! There is absolutely no reason for me to torture my body anymore and go without sleep (something I missed for a lot of years) I never thought it would catch up to me but, it has!! I love surfcasting more than anything. It's just fun now to enjoy it, without having to be the "high hook" or get the biggest fish. I have nothing else to prove to myself or anyone else."

Me's thinks its gotta be one way or the other. wink.gif And BTW, this is all just in good fun, ya know!!!

Eelman, I've got a 52 and a 55, but both were from my 17 foot aluminum and since I know you feel boat fisherman are lazy bums.....I guess those don't count. I did have one on pushing 60 and that one came unglued at my feet....yes that was from a beach. Caught 4 pushing 50 that afternoon (yeah daylight) and from the beach, so does that get me into the club? But at this point of my life I'm content to chase numbers of 25-30 inch fish, with a shot at a couple large before the sun comes up, so that probably puts me right out of the club again.....man just can't win frown.gif.

Couldn't resist pushing the tweak I started on striped-bass, knew you enjoy a good tweak biggrin.gif.

There is a line steve, I posted that as part of the whole bean busting thread.I do feel a 30lb fish here and there isnt going to make or break who I am as a fisherman.I was just putting up my numbers for the season,how does that contridict what I said in the earlier post you quoted?

I hope at least people can recognize a serious post from a joke post.

I certainly would hope you realize as you read that post from yeasterday that it was all in the name of the "tweak"!!!

But, Im still the best,even if I never make a cast again biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by eelman (edited 08-24-2000).]

I was wondering.....does anyone know this guy Eelman? I asked a couple of guys from NJ if they've ever heard of him and no one seems to know him. Some of these guys know all of the best fishermen...can someone help me???? smile.gif

------------------

DC ><}}}}>

Come on, Bill, I know the post was, well, at least half joking! Just trying to get ya riled. You wanted a bust balls day, didn't ya? Will just make it a week. BTW, be careful, Mr. Kav is gunning for ya! smile.gif

Sorry, Stuu, I've seen pictures of Eelman and I've seen one or two of Patrick. Not even close, but perhaps they are related, sort of the way it was in "Being John Malkovich" wink.gif